Chapter 17

Raleigh's POV
"It is unusual for you to voluntarily go to my office, fruit cake," Blake said whilst smirking at me.

He was seated on his office chair in front of his main desk whilst I sat comfortably on the sofa on his guests area. "I would really appreciate a hot chocolate right now, Blake."

He walked, strolled towards me then sat beside me. "Were you demanding, sweet pea?" He genuinely gazed at me. He does not seem angry nor annoyed.

"No, honey, I am sweetly pleading to you," I leaned towards him while smiling. I leveled my eyes on his and mustered my sweetest tone, "Please fill my cravings, sweet heart."

He opened his palm when a small portal appeared on top of his hand. A steam-releasing mug descendend to his hand; it has a surprisingly bitter-sweet scent. He then gave it to me and took the cup following it. "You took care of the outsider for me pretty well earlier."

"I just dislike my subjects mandating me things I despise." I took a sip on the cup. "Why am I loving sweets again? Oh, I gained you." I frowned, "And her too. I just want her magic though." I whispered to myself, almost inaudible, "I cannot believe I just sucked her blood." I then spoke to Blake, "Are you knowledgable of her existence? Are you aware that she is from the Nox?"

"I was just aware that an outsider is lurking in my lair."

"I am assuming you have given orders to trace her then."

"Yeah, I did."

"She wants you dead," I raised an eyebrow at him, expecting for explanation.

"She was probably just doing her boss's orders."

"How could a student here betray you?"

"To begin with, she is an unregistered student. The investigators found no hint of blackmailing either. She was just eager to accomplish her job as a spy."

"Speaking of trainors, could you just be the one to train me instead? I honestly feel the safest when I am with you."

"Beware, muffin, for I am not offering free service," he said in a seductive voice. This time, he walks towards me with a wide grin on his face then he eradicates our gap afterwards.

A short moment of silence.

I decided to face him with his reflection. "Anything you desire, sweet heart," I immitated his tone.

"Very well," he leans backward as he continues, "we will start by increasing your D Class magic."

I glanced on the mug I was holding. "After the chocolate?"

"After the chocolate."

👉👈

"Why am I sitting on Hydra's rooftop again?" I asked him, cross-legged and cross-armed.

He raised his hand before my face. "Meditation." His eyes were closed as he inhales then exhales. "To master destruction, you must find peace." He smiled at me, "Besides, meditation is acquiring outer energy and turning it into yours. For beginners, you will be needing a huge amount of energy storage to let it flow through your body. Only then, you could use magic."

I sighed. "Okay."

After couple of hours, Blake stood up and extended his arm towards me. I grabbed it. He dragged me to the edge of the rooftop. "Second step, see the holistic view. Quite a scenery, isn't it?"

"I guess?" I could not fully agree with his opinion, especially that green tree tops is all I see.

"Third step," he inhaled, "you need to figure things out on your own."

Then he pushed me.

I could feel gravity taking over my entire body.

Shit.

I am actually falling.

The time seemed to slow a bit though, making me have a clearer view of my potential drop zone.

Blake was still standing on the rooftop while sternly staring at me.

Does he actually plan not to save me?

What should I do?

Adrenaline rushes in my body.

An overwhelming sensation followed afterwards.

I closed my eyes, noticing that I am only a couple of seconds until a terrible landing.

Then I heard a crack.

A continuous cracking of the ground.

Only then, I realized what was happening when my eyes swung open.

I was hanging mid-air.

The turbulent air stopped.

The dancing leaves stopped.

Everything stopped.

And a wide and huge hole on the ground in front of me appeared.

"What is happening?" I asked no one in particular.

A ceaseless clapping was heard. Suddenly, Blake appeared in front of me with a really irritating grin on his face. "Well done. Not only did you stop the fall but your surroundings as well. By the looks of it, it is a mile diameter affected." He snapped his finger. Then everything went back to normal. He caught me before my face hits the ground.

"Is that D Class magic?"

"A type 5 D Class, apparently. You are advanced."

I shook off. "You were insane!" I glared at him. "How dare you push me?"

"Technically, I was insane." He softly laughs.

"This isn't even a joke!" Now, I am angry.

"I know. That is why I pushed you in your limits. Only by the extremes that we could unleash our true potentials. Besides, I would not let you experience such if I knew that you cannot surpass the test."

I sighed. "Fine. For the next activities, never do that again."

"Oh honey, I cannot assure you with that." He beamed.