Chaper 10

I need you.

His voice keeps on ringing in my head.

I shook the thought as Dylan entered the classroom.

After our encounter, I was escorted by a C Class student, a lady this time,  to a classroom in Aero Building. She told me that I can go to whatever class I wish to attend to since I am a white-labeled student however a particular someone wished my presence here.

When I stepped in, the C Class students darted their gaze on me; some show amusement, others portray either hatred or fear. I just silently headed to the unoccupied seat on the corner of the room.

"Leigh," Dylan approached me. His mood is a bit down. His eyes were exhausted and as if disappointed at the same time. "From now on, you should be extremely aware and careful of your surroundings. Despite my oppositions, the Type 5 and other Type 6 will now be observing you."

I just sticked my eyes on his. "Why?"

He sighed. "You were able to surmount Blake's illness--with your blood, they affirmed. But that was just temporary hence the experts need to conduct experiments on you to know its healing properties and manufacture immediately before he drains your blood."

"Does his 'illness' occasionally visit him?" I said in a quizzical manner.

"It seems like it. He was so eager to dash out of the room during our recent meeting." He silently stared at me for a while but was interrupted as the door heavily swung open.

Astonishingly, the students silenced on the instant a gloomy aura was sensed.

To my surprise, a white-clothed male strolled in the room then neared us. "Alpha Dylan," he addressed to Dylan, who now reflects the expression of the stranger.

"Alpha Caleb. Nice to see you around. It has been weeks since your absence. How's your pack doing?"

"Worsening," he said in a dangerously low growl. "Sixteen 'infected' pack members were sealed from others. Eight have already fled away due to the fear of the epidemia. Quite a number, really. If you so happen to meet those rogues, formerly from the Crescent Moon Pack, trespassing in your territory, do not hold back." The ambience with him is just so awkward and dangerous at once. As he gazed at me for a split second, I saw a hint of anger on his eyes. He then strolled to the farthest seat from us and sat.

That exact moment, a female on her 30's caught our attention, "Let us start the class." It was a double period of history and stuff but miraculously, I never thought that it was not as boring as a stereotypical class. I was so absorbed by mentally noting information that I did not notice it already ended. "Please proceed to Terra Bulding's Event Hall after ten minutes."

"Hey Dy--" I was about to call his name but Caleb came into view.

"Follow me," Caleb uttered.

"Where's Dylan?"

He did not answer. Instead, he started to head outside. I will be left all by myself if he leaves me. Despite the odd feeling of going with him, I tailed him.

Our almost three feet distance was closed when he held my hand and dragged me to the door, his gaze not even turning on his back.

He turned the knob and on the moment we stepped out, we were surrounded by empty rooms behind the bars. He instantaneously let go of my hand the moment that the atmosphere totally changed.

It was a long, dark and silent hallway that of a typical prison setting. He just continued to walk so I did likewise. As second tick by, the serenity turned into murmurs then into wild and raging noises. On a dead end, he halted and finally faced me. "This is my nightmare, a split realm created by my magic," he sternly stated. Later on, outstretching hands emerged from the wall on his back, followed by desperate faces and yells. They were shouting on a distinctive language. "My people consumed by insanity seem to notice your presence."

"W-Why did you bring me here?" My limbs started to shake out of fear.

"These are the people who need you. You are the chosen one; the one to turn the ill back to normal."

"Why are you telling me this? I am not--"

I was abruptly interrupted as a huge hand from behind covered my mouth. The stranger's free hand grabbed my waist and pulled me near him.

"Yeah, Caleb," a husky male voice said, "why are you telling that to her?"

His gesture and way of greeting reminds me of a certain someone.

Caleb responded in a dangerously low growl, "She is the only hope to my pack."

"Unfortunately, she is mine," he softly chuckled, as if further teasing Caleb.

"How did you enter?" Caleb coldly asked, almost demanded the person behind me to answer on a second.

"I just so happen to destroy your Type 5 barrier on a touch." He squeezed me from the back. "I did the thing because I could smell the sweetest scent in your filthy world," he said as he sniffed me. "Caleb, you know you are forbidden to do an outrageous act, such as this, without the permission of the administration."

"Neither are you."

"You are mistaken," Blake's voice was nowhere near me anymore. Instead, it emanated from Caleb's back. I saw Caleb's shocked expression the moment Blake swirls his fingers on Caleb's hair. "As a matter of fact, she was just prescribed to me."

"So they finally decided to fortify Grandeur Academy's trump card against Nox Academy."

This made my heart race.

He might know where Chi is.