Chapter 3

I rushed down the hall adjacent to the door only to find scattered ashes with spills of red liquid.

Then again, another cry.

"Upstairs," I whispered to myself.

I was about to climb up but a  blood-stained white wolf urged me not to.

"Master, we should evacuate," it mind-spoke to me.

"Chi, what happened?" I asked.

He hopped towards me, "I shall answer that as we leave the place."

"Let us go then," I said as we exited. Reaching near my car, I ordered Chi to transform into his human form.

"As you wish," he said, already standing in front of me.

"You are hurt," I concluded, examining his badly wounded body. "Jump in," I ordered.

He sat on the passenger's sit; I sat on the driver's then drove off.

I opened every compartment in the car, certain that I have a medical kit here somewhere. On a spot of my left side, I saw it then reached for it. Within the two minutes road trip, I can hear complete silence until he spoke. "Master, are you not bothered by me anymore?"

"You are technically covered by fresh blood, either yours or from the trespassers. Besides, I have my eyes on the road, so no." I handed him the kit, "Can you perform first aid procedure yourself?"

"Yes, master," he said as he grabbed for the box.

"Wear something from the paper bag in the back seat afterwards," I commanded.

"As you wish," he replied.

Few minutes later, he jumped in the back. I then assumed that he dresses himself. Later then, he returned in front.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better than the past hour, master," was all he said. "If I may ask; where are we going?"

"You might need to rest a bit. It would be a long travel," I said in response.

"I am sorry, master, that you are the one protecting me instead of the vice versa," he whispered, his voice diminishes.

"To whoever did this to you, I am pretty sure that you protected me against the--" I was cut off as I glanced at him, peacefully sleeping. "I still have a lot to learn about your world, which is now mine too. I am unsure of any detail about the incident; whether I am at fault to this or not. Whatever it may be, I still thank you, Ezekiel."

Screech.

Then there was an abrupt spinning, only to find out that the tires of my car were suddenly deflating.

Close your eyes.

A voice passed through my head.

And so I did.

The last thing I sensed was explosion.

Ezekiel's POV

On the second that a stinky smell tainted the air; I knew right away that they would come. However, this new batch is much more intimidating compared to the last.

Screech.

Then there was an abrupt spinning, only to find out that the tires of the car were suddenly deflating.

"Close your eyes," I whispered to the master, enchanting her.

I immediately grabbed her out of the car; not wanting to get her killed before it collides to one of the forest's trees.

"Her scent is alluring," a deep voice of a male spoke. His figure popped out from the shadows.

"To feed on her? Or to turn her?" Yet another husky male voice proved the existence of his comrade.

With the scope of my senses, I can notice just theirs. I can take them down, only if I am not this injured. My body is still busy healing itself.

The only choice was to run.

"Bad dog," the former one spoke. "You should not have thought of taking such precious treasure away from us."

"Very well, you left us no other choice but to kill you," the latter uttered. "Be grateful for your death will occur in less than a second," he cackled.

"You are in the grounds of the Full Moon Pack," a dominating male voice echoed. "This is clearly trespassing." On that statement, red pairs of eyes surround the area. Werewolves. "Leave or die, vampires."

Low growls can be heard everywhere.

"Tss," was all the stinky creatures managed to say before disappearing.

"It seems like we have a guest," the voice spoke again. He must be the alpha then. From the darkness, a man of my height with ink black hair and glimmering honey brown eyes appeared. "We met again, Ezekiel."

"It is fate that brought us here, Dylan."

He stared at the woman I am carrying as he spoke, "Now I see why."