Chapter 16

Dylan's POV

"I am alotting this job to the Type 6 of all class. Dismiss," Blake calmly stated.

I was the second top the last person to exit the room upon dismissal of the meeting.

The hallways of Hydra Building surely has no difference in other buildings but I could sense oddliness nearby.

"Stand!"

I halted and glanced at the direction of the female voice.

It came from the outside.

I found a familiar girl practicing some stances with another girl.

Leigh.

She was being tested on her combat skills.

The other girl seems to be her trainor. Have I seen her before?

I intently gazed at them, most especially assessing Leigh's skills.

Sure her stamina allows her to keep up with her opponent's pace but her offense and defense are purely based on instincts.

I sighed, feeling bad for her. She would not have been suffering like this if she was not special. Blake will be needing her to stablize his sanity during the decade's awaited battle and that will surely mark danger on Leigh's life. On the moment that she entered this inhumane world up to the moment where her value will be of its fullest use, enemies would always aim for her. If it was not for Ezekiel's message, she would never participate in our battle.

Poor sweet thing.

I could do none but to protect her in every way I could.

On the other hand, there is nothing she could but to protect herself too.

It cannot be helped after all.

I was about to walk away from them but I instantaneouly halted when I felt something from them.

Is it from the trainor?

Or from Leigh?

In just a matter of second, a very strong wave of D Class magic emanated from their direction.

"I am assuming that you could feel it as well." Blake strolls towards my direction from behind. He was sternly staring at Leigh's direction. "A white-labeled student will be such a waste if her capabilities would not be unlocked," he smirked but eventually frowned. His golden eyes flicker as his attention draws towards the trainor. "Leviathan," he whispers, a curve playfully pulls up on his face, "naughty outsider. Very well, my sweet sugar can handle herself." He addressed to me, "Intrude only if you find it extremely necessary." Then walked away.

Outsider?

Leigh can handle herself?

My eyes widened at the sudden realization.

So Leigh's trainor is the person whom the board recently discussed about.

"The cause of reported missing cases has been tracked in the academy," Blake sternly stated in the meeting. He shot dagger glares to the Type 6, as if implying a message.

Could he possibly know all this time?

Leigh is in danger.

Raleigh's POV
She grinned at me, "You sure are hopeless." Her eyes reflects my panting state. "Hear me, Raleigh," her voice rings in my head, "I need you to kill Blake."

Leviathan's POV
I handed her a silver dagger manufactured by the most dedicated smith in the country. It was coated by diamond and fashioned by the sturdiest jewels. I dressed it with the most poisonous liquid that could kill diablos. "A stab on his chest will do. Aim for the heart."

"Yes, trainor," she nonchalantly said.

I packed my things then started to stroll away.

All of a sudden, pain struck in my body. I stared down, stunned.

"What the--"

"Awe, sweetie," I heard her voice, almost sounding as someone I loathe the most. "How does your own medicine taste like?" Her voice from behind was malicious. Blood recklessly escape from my body as burning sensation creeps down in my chest. I could feel her hand sliding on my body and her lips crawling on my neck. "You must have thought you actually hypnotized me. Plot twist: I just learned to destroy mind control magic," she chuckled, as if this was never the timid girl I observed. "Ask me where I got the D Class magic," she demanded as she thrusted the dagger harder in me. I groaned in pain. "Blake gave it to me. You might help me out with something too before your body will be completely consumed by death." On the instant, I found fangs burried in my skin.

She was sucking my blood.

"W-What are you? Who are you?" She was never this mischievious before. This is not the Raleigh I have been informed of anymore.

"Leigh, stop!" A male's voice yelled.

Then everything turned black.

Dylan's POV
Did I just saw Leigh feeding on her trainor?

I rushed to them.

Her trainor's body collapsed.

She wiped her mouth and stretched her body then faced me, "Looking handsome today, Dylan." Then she walked away.

"What just happened?" Baffled, I asked to no one in particular.