Chapter 7

Ezekiel's POV
"Leigh, stop!" Dylan extended his arm to my master. To my surprise, her body dissolved in the atmosphere.

Panicked, I was about to ran to her direction, "Master!"

Dylan, however, stopped me as he grabbed my tux coat. "Don't!" I dimly glared at him, wanting him to receive my desired message. He sighed as he released me; I settled down, "I am sorry for not orienting both of you about this."

"You should be," I growled at him.

"Listen," he demanded. A pack's alpha will always be an alpha. In spite of mentally defying him, I obeyed. "Be careful not to step on anything. The staff are on their way. Before they reach our location, we will start the search."

It was the only way then.

"How did she vanish in thin air?" With eyes keen, I carefully searched the outer ground. It has been a minute since Master Raleigh's absence.

"As we are supposedly cautiously standing on the last definite coordinates she disappeared, you should know by then that the academy had somehow set traps all over the area," Dylan sternly stared at a place from afar.

"I am certain that this has not been done during my studies," I murmured. By this moment, I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate upon feeling my master's presence.

"It is one of the top secret files, whom only the type 5 and 6 are aware. He was the root cause of this," Dylan said with a dangerously low tone. I was abruptly interrupted by his sudden declaration. I gazed at him, expectant of the continuation. "The academy houses the top of D class, type 7," he said with grief on his face.

"In the academy?" I exclaimed, emphasizing 'in'. How could the academy accommodate a possible cause of catastrophe within? And I never heard of type 7 until this time; for I have known that Type 6 of all classes are the most trained and most powerful in their field of expertise. This is beyond absurd.

"He is actually 'under' the academy. He has his chambers securely sealed. You must be wondering the idiocy of the administration for such. Simple answer; he is a student after all and the higher ups are looking forward to removing an illness from him."

"Insanity," I whispered.

"Indeed. I just hope Leigh did not fall to the deadliest trap," Dylan's eyes squinted. "He was not fed for the past decade."

I blinked at the thought and as I opened my eyes, I am witnessing the person he described sucking the blood of my master. I knew it the instant that I sensed an awfully deadly aura emanating from him. This is the most frightening and most intimidating I have encountered in my entire werewolf life. I can feel the huge gap between our power, that of which even Alpha Dylan could not reach.

Shiver ran through my spine.

But as I saw my master, through my nocturnal senses, helplessly lying on his arms, I thought:

She must have called my name.

I hope this works.

I swiftly hit his nape as hard as I could then instantly took my master away from him.

In a couple of seconds, he did not move but I did not let my guard down.

I enchanted a protective barrier over my master's body and laid her on a corner.

I hope Dylan could trace us here.

I stance for a fight, knowing that the demon I am about to face was never an easy task to accomplish.

He mischievously smiles as he cracks neck.

On a second, he was able to block my sixth sense.

I cursed.

I cannot feel him anymore.

Suddenly, a voice whispered from behind, "Welcome to my world."

Filthy cold liquid slide down my neck.

I was not as quick as him to respond.

Before I knew it, I could feel my flesh brutally tearing apart.

Blood begin to burst out.

His venom quickly spreads in my entire body.

Then darkness.