Chapter 23

"Awe, you poor little play thing," a female voice echoed within the corners of the still dark room. "He was quite hard to resist, wasn't he?" The female chuckled, "Unfortunately, for you, he will never ever satisfy your cravings for him. He definitely knows that marking you will absolutely end his life." Then I heard an echoing swinging of whips around the corner, "Now, be a good prisoner as we await for your beloved Blake to arrive."

Then nothingness.

I closed my eyes, starting a deep thought.

My mate. My end.

Same goes for him, I guess.

My only mission here is to be marked.

I will evade larger damage as much as I could.

Chi--he is already gone. And I am not going to let yet another life wasted just for my sake.

As for Blake, I sighed, I cannot blame his deed. It was, after all, insanity that brought his action into my exemplar's death. It was rather my fault for being very careless. If it was not for my ignorance and stupidity, he should have lived.

My mate.

We have a bond, an unbreakable one. It could be severed upon discarding it through declaration right in front of your mate's face. He did not do it yet. I am pretty sure it is to lure Blake and the others into rescuing their asset as the mission continues. As of now, as long as we have it, I might still have an upper hand.

All I have to do is to trigger our bond.

My end.

This is where my training shall come into use.

I concentrated on the energy thoroughly flowing throughout my body.

S class magic. Locating. This skill is used for filling in the coordinates of the people within my scope. With my type, I can also determine who is where and where is who.

I widened my radar into its limit.

Basing from the layout, I am at the underground of a structure which I assumed was the Nox academy since it has similar build up with ours. The space has approximately four hundred individuals, which are all presumed diablos. Their type range is from Type 4 to Type 6; fighting them one by one is definitely not an option. I might be exhausted to death even before I reach my supposed destination.

Then I searched for their king's presence.

I snapped my eyes open as I whispered, "Found you."

Upon analysing the map, I can easily sneak in, via teleportation, into his chambers. Assuming that they have surveillance, however, going in stealth mode would cost me two moves.

I opened a portal.

First.

I keenly observed huge surroundings; I can hear the violent clashing of metals against yet another with deep growls from behind its bars. Another set of sound was high pitched screams from which I assumed were the victims who are soon to be devoured. The halls are dimly lit by a few torches; all I see are sturdy bricks containing the creatures I am itching to eliminate.

I disregarded the view and moved to my last stopover.

Second.

"Oh, Drake, you feel so good," a familiar voice of a woman moaned in pleasure.

I stood stunned in front of a familiar king-sized bed with their king laid on the headboard and an ink black haired woman grinding on top of him.

Drake first noticed me as he glanced towards my direction and grinned devilishly.

My heartbeat raced as I saw his expression.

He is as if mocking me.

I gritted my teeth out of pure anger.

Or was it jealously?

My bond towards him is taking control towards my emotions.

Nevertheless, I raised my right hand facing the slut. She halted at once and groaned in annoyance. "Any last words?" I sternly glared at her.

Her bare back faces me as she yells, "Who are you?!"

Slowly, I crumpled my fingers, resulting to abrupt cracking of bones which are surely not mine. The female cries in pain while desperately trying to resist my magic. "Awe, you poor thing," I imitated her tone a while back. "I am the one who is supposed to be on him, not you." With this, my fist swiftly closed, staining the sheets, ceiling and floor with blood.

"You should have at least kept your kill clean," a monotonous male voice was heard. His gaze darted towards my direction as his eyes flickered an unreadable emotion. "My, my," he stood as he displayed his perfectly sculptured body, "it must be the bond acting on its own." He chuckled while nearing me. Upon towering me, he forcefully grabbed my waist with his left hand, thus closing our gap, and lifted my chin with his right, hence making me face him. "You just disturbed my pleasure time. I suppose you have a better proposal as to what you have mentioned earlier," his smirk widened, comprehending the situation.

I grabbed his right arm and beamed, "How about we do it instead?"