Chapter 5

"I'm walking on sunshine, woooah. I'm walking on sunshine, woooah, and don't it feel good!"

Lifting my head up I reach for my phone to turn my alarm off. Sitting up I stretch out while letting out a lion yawn which upsets Elsie who is sleeping peacefully at the bottom of my bed. 

"Good morning my little munchkin," I say giving her a scratch under the ears. Rolling over she lays there waiting for me to rub her belly. "Well who's my lazy little puppy?" I say giving her a good rub before kissing her on the of her head where little corkscrew curls sit playfully.

After washing my face and cleaning my teeth I change from my ice-cream Peter Alexander pj's to a blue floral skort with a plain white tee-shirt. Securing my hair with a braid lacing the front of my hair I let the rest of my hair hang down. Hanging my mother's ring on a leather strand I place it around my neck observing its inscription.

Until death do us part. <3 Rose & Peter

I give a sigh as I pick up Elsie as I make my way towards Ross's room. Cautiously I open the door, a vile smell comes wafting out of the crack from the door way. Taking a huge breathe of non-lethal air I rush into his room, and dump Elsie on top of him and say rather loudly before I run out of breathe.

"Ross! Wake up you ferrel little piggy." Opening the curtains a stream of light comes filtering in, I slide open the glass doors and let the morning air circulate his room. Elsie jumps down from Ross' bed and rushes to the door, I open the screen door and let the crazy little critter out onto the balcony. The balcony is quite safe for her to be on; it stretches out a couple of metres and is surrounded by glass panes so she can inspect the surroundings. Walking out to join her I take a deep breathe of the cool air, our green lawn is freshly cut after Ross cut it yesterday afternoon after school. Just past the lengthy field of grass is our kidney shaped pool, a white fence surrounds the part facing me while the other side is open. The other side of the pool is left to drop off about a metre or two onto the lawn below. A decorating black concrete slab fences our block with a electrical brass fence fixed into it.

A just awoken zombie comes out to join me.

"Goood morning Alex," greets Ross as he yawns and rubs his eyes.

"Luca, Lachowski and Flynn are coming over this afternoon to play a bit of soccer."

"Ok sounds good, Dad has gone to the market so do you want anything for breakfast?"

"Well, if you're offering. Yes please!"

"What will it be then?"

"The usual," Ross replies giving me a pat on the head. Swatting him away I lead Elsie downstairs, pouring her dog biscuits into her bowl she begins to devour her breakfast with great haste. Popping the bread into the toaster I begin to make breakfast.

***

"And Lachowski and Flynn take the win!" a triumphant woot can be heard accompanying this statement.

"Rematch!" yells Ross and Luca together.

"It's on twinkle toes!" Lachowski retorts. He lifts the bottom of his shirt up exposing his perfectly toned set of tanned abs. Damn. Brushing his fingers through his tousled hair his chocolatey brown eyes catch mine.

"Oi Alex, chuck us a towel," lost in thought I shake myself out of my stupor, smiling awkwardly I toss the towel in what I presume is his direction. Knowing my amazing hand-eye coordination, the towel flies over his out stretched arms and lands on Flynns head.

Lachowski laughs to himself as he strides towards me. Handing him a towel in shame I can't help but notice his perfectly toned biceps as he reaches out for the towel.