CHAPTER 19

Next morning, I feel her soft arms wrap around me. I smile. She pecks my cheek throwing her leg over mine.

'Good morning' she whispers in her sleepy tone. I turn around and look at her.

'Good morning' I reply pecking her lips. She sits up straight and ties her hair in a messy bun. I suggest we go for shopping to get something for her to wear for the wedding. She says she had brought clothes but I insisted, I have made a plan for her. A surprise.

She is excited. We quickly take bath, individually, and change into our dress for the day. I wore a white shirt which has tiny black polka dots. I comb my hair when Elham comes out dressed in an off-shoulder knee length floral summer dress.

'Fatto! How much time you take for dressing up.' She says and kicked my hips with hers. I sit on the bed and watch her as she combs and braids her hair. She looks at me through the mirror and frowns. I didn't look away.

I take her to a very famous mall here, I know every nook and corner of this place after all I grew up in this city. She is awestruck seeing the huge splendid mall. She walks around the place going into each and every shop. We shopped a lot, few dresses for her and few for me, I didn't want to but Elham forced me to.

After we were done shopping I got her an ice cream and asked her to sit on a bench while I go to the bathroom. She asked me to come soon.

I ensured she isn't looking and hurried to a bridal shop. I look around, there are many white wedding gowns and I am confused what to choose for my lovely bride. I took help of one of the shop keeper, she admires me.

'He is so romantic. Which groom shops wedding dress for his bride' I hear one of them say to the other as I search in the section where they had suggested me.

'His bride is really lucky' other whispers.

I get a call from Elham and I say her that there is a long line here in the bathroom. After few more minutes, I found one dress that I liked.

I chose a long open back lacy wedding gown; it has cup sleeves and v neck collar. The dress is long and I think it will be ideal for her. I had it quickly packed.

I then rushed to Elham, she frowns looking at the shopping bag that I held. I had requested them to give me a simple bag that doesn't have the name of the shop, they were so impressed by me that they agreed.

'What were you doing so long there in the bathroom and what is this?' she says moving her hand to grab the bag. I was quick enough to move my hand away hiding the bag behind me

'It's surprise. Promise me you won't be so inquisitive and wait patiently till I give it to you' I say. She is reluctant but then agrees. We went back to the hotel room, having lunch there we went back to site-seeing.

I want to show her around every place here. I felt really nostalgic re- visiting old places.

I take her to the graveyard, Elham is confused as to why I have brought her here. But then when she reads the name on the tombstone, her eyes widen.

'You wanted to meet Racheal, right?' I say. I tried to keep my voice steady but it failed me. My voice quivers.

I look sadly at the tombstone,

"RESTING IN PEACE

RACHEAL MILLER

BORN- 19TH SEPTEMBER 1985

DIED- 22ND JUNE 2016"

I couldn't control my tears as I look at the grave. My Racheal, who once was such a lively and wonderful person, is now lying here, buried deep into the earth, resting in peace. Elham held my palm tightly, I look at her. She too has tears in her eyes. I kneel with her beside the grave.