Chapter 9

I find myself standing in a dark alley, I am alarmed when I hear a gunshot.

'Juwaid!'

I hear her voice and I panic, I quickly turned around and find Racheal running towards me. She looks disheveled, I rush towards her.

There is another gun shot and Racheal falls but I am quick to grab her, I see a hooded man in a distance. Half his face is covered with black and white checked cloth, he is holding a gun pointing at Racheal.

'No...No... Racheal...Racheal...'

'Juwaid...Juwaid...'

I am being shaken badly and I hear Elham's voice, it sounded like its coming from miles away. I am jerked from my sleep.

I open my eyes; I am badly sweating. I take deep breath to calm myself. I sit up straight

'Here' Elham says forwarding me a glass of water. I quickly wipe the sweat off my forehead. This is nothing new to me, even if Elham hadn't woken me up I would have been awoken anyways. I get this dream every other night and so I am habitual to it but Elham looked worried and scared.

'Are you alright?' she asks as I gulp the entire glass in one breath. I nod

'I want to sleep' I say and lay down back on the bed.

Elham frowns. Luckily she didn't pester me more and I am grateful for that. I don't think I am ready to tell her everything. Narrate the entire trauma, re live those gruesome moments again.

Elham adjusts the duvet over me and leaves.

Next day Elham has taken a day off and decided to spend some time with us, Saima Khala is seriously surprised as Elham had always kept her work over everything else. We all had family time together whole day but in the evening Elham decided to take me to show around the campus.

She says lot has changed and many new facilities have been added here. The place has been overcrowded now and that is what she doesn't like, I couldn't agree more. I never liked crowded place and even more after Racheal. I sigh sadly.

Elham takes me to the playground and I feel nostalgic. I and Elham have shared so much memories here.

I am stunned when she requests me to join her on a slide, it's the oldest and biggest slide here at the park. I and Elham used to play on this every day. Elham confesses that she had stopped going on this one after I left and had decided that she will go on it only when I return. She had kept the hope of me returning alive in her heart.

I looked her amazed at the same time admired her guts as she confidently climbed the slide.

Once on top she waves at me yelling 'Fatto'

I watch her open mouthed as she slides 'Wooooaaaahhh...'she says happily.

She walks up to me shaking her head in disappointment 'Tu Fatto hi rehega' she says as we walk towards an ice cream cart. I am glad we found one as I am really feeling the heat. I get vanilla while she gets mango

'I don't do childish things' I say dryly. Elham frowns at me, I know what she is thinking. I usually don't use such tone. But after Racheal this has become my tone.

'Dude, is everything alright? I noticed even in the morning you were lost.' She asks as we sit on a bench right across the playground watching the kids play. The sun is setting so there are less kids in the park.

I didn't reply but kept looking at the park.

'Sab theek?' she asks

I looked at her teary eyed, the way she is looking at me I couldn't control. I wanted some more time to come out of the trauma of loosing Racheal but with Elham, I can't hide it anymore. I can't keep it bottled up in me anymore, I will explode.