Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Dalton's POV

I had been camping out in my room for almost the whole day now, sleeping, watching Teen Wolf on the television (quite a stupid show that Michaela recommended) and chugging down cans of root beer.

The mate pull has subsided by quite a lot which worried me for a good hour or so before I finally decided that if we both shut each other out it would be better for the pack.

Maybe the bond will disappear eventually.

"No!" my wolf growled and I felt a building whimper in my throat as he tried to express his clear dislike of that thought.

I couldn't hide out in this room for forever. I would have to come out for more root beer and food.

"Screw it," I mumbled, kicking back the thick blanket and hopping into the floor. I needed to use the toilet anyway. In the meantime I should probably get some chips or something like that.

I creaked the bedroom door open real slow. The mate bond remained pretty dormant and I let out a held sigh.

My main motive was to try and avoid Kyler at all costs. He would probably just reject me and I wasn't ready for all that heartbreak. Yet.

-

I was rummaging through the kitchen cabinets when I was assaulted by the sudden livid scents of the one person I was trying to avoid.

I groaned and sank down into the floor. My senses were too heightened and buzzing with energy.

Inside of me my wolf was going berserk.

"Kyler! Mate! Kyler!" it yelped happily.

"No... don't come in here please!" I prayed to no one in particular.

Yeah, those prayers weren't answered and I felt the very essence of time and space stop and shatter into pieces all around me as I stared up at a pair of just the clearest, most beautiful blue eyes that I'd ever come across.

"Kyler."