Chapter 7

We pull up to the court house and I immediately notice one thing, all the cameras and reporters outside that perk up when they see the police car parking. They rush over and crowd the car and snap their stupid photos. I scowl at them and proceed to get out of the car when Clyde opens the door for me. As soon as I get out of the car I'm bombarded with question after question I don't have an audible answer too.

"Mr. Black, were you trying to kill him?

What do you have to say about this?

Are you naturally a violent person?

Have you ever killed someone before?

Do you have a reason for what you did?"

I'm so dazed that I don't even realize we were walking until all the noise suddenly disappears and a door slams shut. I snap to at the sound and look at my surroundings. I realize that we are currently in the lobby of the court house that we were previously outside of.

I can't help thinking how my life has come to this. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, it just did. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm always angry and I never really know why. It's the smallest things that set me off. Landon may have pushed my buttons but he didn't deserve what I did to him. Nobody deserves to almost die just because of something so small. He didn't do any actual harm to me so I don't really know why I did it. All I know is that I was angry and couldn't stop myself, Landon just so happened to be the person closest to me. I am a ticking time bomb, everyone around me knows it. Unluckily for some people they just so happen to be caught in the cross fires when I detonate.

On another note, maybe this is all a blessing in disguise. Obviously not for Landon or the people who love him, but for me. If I wasn't here and I was at home, what would be happening? I don't dwell on it for to long because I know that being here and not there is a good thing. I'm away from my dad, my brothers and my whore of a step mother. Who knows, I might just make some friends here.

I'm so deep in thought that I don't realize someone pushed me into a chair until I feel it beneath me. I look up and see the pipsqueak. I put two and two together that he must have been the one who pushed me. I guess he didn't learn enough from previous encounters not to mess with me. If he thinks that just because he's a cop I wont do something, he's got another thing coming.

"Did you just push me?" I ask him in a very calm and collected tone although I am not feeling anything but that.

­"W-well, you see. I tried to tell you to uh, sit, and uh, you didn't seem to hear me. So I kind of, maybe, might have pushed your shoulders a little bit?"

I look around the room to see other people staring at me the way I stare text books. I was just gonna let this slide but I cant now. If I don't do anything about it these people will think I'm weak. Or, they could make me their bitch. Which, by the way is not going to happen. With that in mind I explode from my chair. I grab him from the front of his shirt and pull him until our faces are almost touching. He tries to look away but I make him look me in the eyes.

"Didn't anyone tell you that I don't like to be touched? I'm actually here because someone touched me and It didn't go over so well with me. Do you want to end up like him?" I ask him in a menacing voice, barely subdued anger dripping from every word. I shove him away with me and onto the floor. Letting some of my anger show I say, " If not, I suggest you keep your filthy hands to yourself."

I sit back down in the chair and look around again. The other people in here all have blank expressions, not wanting to show any kind of emotion in front of strangers, I'm sure. I look at a particularly large man across from me. He's huge with a mountain of muscle, a goatee and a harsh scowl on his face when he notices me looking. I slowly look away so he doesn't get the impression that I almost shit myself when he looked at me like that, I totally didn't.

A few particularly creepy minutes later a man walks into the room, looks down at his clip board and calls out in a loud voice that echo's throughout the room.

"Alexander Black, Its your turn in front of the judge."

Fuck.