Teammates - Part 1 (Oliver x Reader)

Word Count: 857.

Warnings: A swear word..well, did not really I guess but whatever.

Request: Nope.

Summary: The reader and Oliver have different ideas of how a team should work. The pressure of winning the match makes them fight for their own ideas differ of how a team should be trained.

The Story:

"Can't you see? I'm the Captain and I want Gryffindor to win against Slytherin for at least ONCE before I graduate!" He said walking towards Flitwick's class.

"I know Oliver, but you're overdoing it. Have you seen the faces of your team? They were clearly bored of your lecture today." Y/N said jumping in front of him before entering the class. "Pay some attention to how they want to be trained," Y/N said.

"Then they will be reckless!!"

"Well, I am not saying you should not be strict. I am saying try to be a bit......um....loose, cool down you know? And they might be reckless but trust me, they want to beat Slytherin just like you. They just wanna do it in a fun way."

"Yeah, right Ms. Know-it-all." He laughed and sat in his place.

"You may wanna respect your girlfriend a bit more Mr. Wood." She chuckled and sat down beside him. Oliver shifted to his left making a bit of space between them. Y/N giggled and shifted more towards him, holding his hand and leaning on his shoulder.

Few people laughed and Oliver blushed a deep shade of red. "Aww...is the Captain of the Gryffindor team blushing?" She laughed and pecked him on the cheek and moved away.

Someone from the back yelled, "Don't move. He's already missing you Y/N."

And the whole class started laughing. Y/N smirked and rolled her eyes. She looked beside her and Oliver seemed to be upset, his hands were forming a tight grip. She held his hand to stop him but he snatched his hand away and opened up his notes.

Y/N knew he was upset about the game, and in no way could she distract him now. These were the ways she teased him and she managed to make him flustered like a little baby, but right now he was very angry, so it was better to him some space.

Y/N sighed and moved away to another seat without giving him another glance. She sat down somewhere in the middle as Professor Flitwick entered the class. And the class continued without any interactions between them, not even stealing glances.

After a while, Prof. McGonagall interrupted the class and asked Oliver to go outside with her. Y/N looked at him leave, without glancing back at her. The same way she left the seat beside him.

*Time Skip*

It has been some days since Oliver started his training. No. He didn't listen to Y/N's advice. As much he gave them a lecture, Y/N made sure to make jokes in between so that they don't get sleepy. It was sad to say even she got bored.

And that's how their fight started.

Oliver and Y/N had different ideas of how the team should work, so, of course, they had fought in between. Meanwhile, the team found it entertaining enough to finally give attention to them.

With the arrival of Harry in the team, Oliver worked on their plans much more than before and they were, no doubt in it, fantastic. But the way he presented wasn't good enough and almost the whole team slept through his lectures.

Y/N worked in a different way. For her, with the use of jokes, sarcasm, and confidence she of course had the ability to gain attention; not to forget the fact that she was charming, in a way that no one knew what exactly was it..but everyone loved it.

But one day their fight got to a different level. The others didn't yet arrive since it was before dawn.

"Why don't you just listen to me once!!" Y/N yelled frustrated, "even I'm getting pissed off with you!"

"Because you're careless! You'll forget about the match even if we lose but I won't!!!! THIS TIME WE ARE WINNING THIS!"

"How?? With your boring lectures?"

Oliver's face was now red, "YES. I am the Captain here. Not you, so I don't have to listen to you. But you HAVE to listen to me. You HAVE to stick to my plan just like you stick your arse up by me the whole day! You understand?"

Y/N was now shaking with anger. "Well Oliver, I am a Chaser too! And Professor McGonagall personally recommended me, so you better listen to your teammate!"

"Oh, you think so?" Oliver laughed sarcastically, "It was me who went to Professor suggesting you to be in our team because you wished to join the team! Alicia was much much better than you! It was me and not you Y/N. I can replace you anytime I want!"

"Oh.." Y/N's voice quivered, "Then you know what? You don't have to put in so much effort." She threw down her broom.

"I need a break." She said before leaving the ground, "From Quidditch and from you."

The rest of the team was just arriving. And one of the twins, of course, noticed what happened.

"Morning." George said yawning, "What happened? She left before the practice started."

"Yeah. She's been replaced with Alicia Spinnet."

"What? She was the only thing that kept us sane through your lectures. You can't just--"

"I didn't. She herself left us. There's not much time left. I'm gonna talk with Alicia today. She'll be more than happy to join us."