Teammates - Part 2 (Oliver x Reader)

Word Count: 885.

Warnings: None.

Request: Yes?? 😕

Summary: Both, Y/N and Oliver ignore each other after the fight. There's tension in the air and things get worse.

The Story:

Things were very complicated for them right now. With the approaching match, they didn't even get time to talk to each other.

While Oliver got engaged in working with the team, Y/N occupied her time making posters for their team. Sure, she hated Oliver for the time being but that didn't mean she hated her team. Besides, Fred and George made sure she smiled at least once in one day.

As much as she was good in Quidditch, she was exceptionally amazing in the artwork. Her posters for cheering purposes didn't need magic to make them look awfully good. But, with a little touch of magic, it gained perfection.

So she spent most of her time either in the library or her dorm, trying hard not to think about Oliver. She also wanted to make a poster for Harry Potter but his friends were very enthusiastic about doing that themselves, so she didn't want to ruin their motivation.

As time passed, things got heated up between Y/N and Oliver. They knew the tension in the air and it was uncomfortable. It was almost impossible for them to sit in one classroom together without the presence of her friends, let alone the common room.

But between her busy schedule, she often stole a glance of Oliver, who was always busy. No, he didn't even spare his time to talk to her about the sudden replacement. She, of course, thought he would come to say sorry and then take her back to the team. But.....

Anyways, she also watched them practice, sitting far away in the corner, with a sketchbook and a pencil, occasionally drawing to have an alibi with herself if asked what she was doing here.

No one really noticed her in the corner, it was hard to see but it was not long until the day Oliver noticed her.

He knew he screwed up. It was quite evident by the look on her face, that she has started giving upon him.

And he was guilty of how he acted. It is offensive for any person if he/she is replaced with another person the next day he/she left. But as much as he wanted to say sorry to her, it was also true that Alicia was comparatively better than her. As the Captain of the team, he should choose what's best for the team. And his love life shouldn't get in the way. To be honest, he was confused and didn't know what to do. So he did whatever came to his mind first.

Y/N on the other hand stopped watching them practice after some time. She wanted to see how they practiced and whether it was good enough. She wasn't always satisfied but had faith in Harry. The poor boy was already burdened with so many expectations but it was also true that he is amazing.

But as much as she was relieved to find them do good, she also saw the way Oliver mingled with Alicia. Maybe in a professional way, but that was not the point. The way he trained Alicia, if he even for an hour, trained Y/N like that, she was pretty sure she wouldn't have to leave the team.

Soon, the day of the Quidditch match arrived. And Y/N gathered some courage to finally talk with the team.

She waited for them before they entered the ground. Everyone was happy to see her and she was also very enthusiastic to cheer for them. Alicia felt uncomfortable talking to her, maybe nervous about what she should say, or whether she should say anything at all. But Y/N found it amusing and made the atmosphere light.

"Hey Y/N!" Fred called her, "Cheer for Oliver! He needs it, trusts me!"

"I appreciate your attempt to make things right but there are enough ladies in the audience who are absolutely ready to cheer for him." She said smiling and looking at Oliver, gaining a piercing glance from him.

She looked away and approached Harry, "Hey...Harry. Don't know if you remember my name, you didn't get to see me much."

He just smiled awkwardly and Y/N chuckled, "I just want to say that don't stress about what people will think or about their expectations. That doesn't matter. Just give your best. Okay? Best of luck!!"

She started leaving when Oliver called her, "I want to talk to you after the match."

Y/N turned and said, "I'll think about it."

The team noticed their conversation and moved away from them.

"You have to meet me. You can't ignore me all the time."

Y/N chuckled and said, "Oh I am ignoring you? You know what? Yes, I am. And I don't want to meet you anymore now. Besides you're not my captain anymore so you better stick your arse up by your team like you did this whole time. Stop ordering me. I am not your bloody servant." And with that, she left.

Oliver was shocked listening to all she said. He never saw her serious side since she was always the cheerful one in their relationship.

He looked back as he heard some whispers and saw the team staring at him. He cleared his throat and said, "Well, time to go."