Diary Log: III

Diary Entry:
Louis Greene

Day:
May 1, XX09

Dear Diary,

Today is my Son's, Arrel Greene's, birthday and as promised, I will be giving this to him by later, once the sun rises.

Oh Marina, how I'd wish you'd be here celebrating with us. You don't know how sad Arrel is without you. Each and every year, in his birthday, he'd wish that you'd be here with us. But nonetheless you weren't.

Our child has been a wonder throughout the household, he could sing well and ofcourse, just like you, he was very creative.

Arrel ran through the empty and very spacious hallways of their home laughing happily and carelessly as their maid followed and chased her.

“Faster! Come on!” Arrel laughed, free from worry, seemingly oblivious to every single thing that there is.

“Young Master you have to take a bath!” The maid said, gasping for air and slouching for a second just to take another breath of air and begin running once more.

“I don't want to! Eeeeeek!” Arrel screeched as the maid catched her and picked her up.
A pout formed around Arrel's lips,

“It's my birthday! Can't I decide on my birthday?” Arrel questioned as if he has done nothing wrong and he was trying to make a point.

“Well, you may, Young Master, but It is your birthday, so you must take a bath.” The maid said, as she made a quick turn the bathroom.

“But Esmeralda.” Arrel tried to argue

“No Young Master, Your father wants you to be clean before he arrives so we can celebrate your 7th birthday.” Esmeralda said as he pulled the clothes out of his young master's body.

“We would?!” Arrel asked over energetically which earned him a chuckle from Esmeralda.

“Ofcourse we would, My, it is your birthday after all.” Esmeralda cheered.

After taking a bath, Arrel immediately ran into the dining room, only to see that everyone in the house, gathered altogether in a circle surrounding a cake with seven lit candles.

“Happy Birthday Arrel!” Everyone said in unision.

But I cannot deny the fact that our son is getting more distant from me each passing year, ah how fast our baby grew up. Just like yesterday he was craddled in my arms.

He had a strange habit of sitting at the balcony, staring out into the open sea, and reaching out occassionaly.

“Arrel? Where are you?” Louis called out.

“I'm here dad.” Arrel replied, as he reached out to the ocean with his paint covered hands.

“What are you doing?” Louis asked, more intrigued by the Ocean-reaching out thing more than actually asking his son what he was doing.

“I was trying to paint the ocean. But it changes every second.” Arrel turned to reveal a huge pout. Louis gave a hearty chuckle.

“Waves will ebb and flow,
The ocean will give and take,
The tides will rise high,
The waters may run low,
The Tides might be filled with Uncertainty,
But there is one thing certain,
As long as you're with me,
I'd be ready,
To swim,
Through the Uncertain Tides.”
Louis recited infront of Arrel. The Naivette just stared at Louis wide eyed as if he knew what his father had said.

“Your wedding vows.” Arrel said.

“How do you know?” Louis had a very confused look upon his face.

“It's written behind one of mom's paintings.” Arrel had proudly said as if he discovered a milestone for humanity.

Maybe he wants to go outside. But I can't let that be. He's too young, too frail and too innocent to be tainted by the outside world.

But he never asked if he could go out.

But once he demands to, I would gladfully accompany him.

Diary Entry End.

Vote, Comment and slap your friend with this book! Thanks!