Diary Log: V

Diary Entry:
Arrel Greene
Date:
May 7,XX18

Dear Diary,

Today I went to the docks, I snuck out, I saw people bustling to and fro, carrying luggage as they go. But a golden head caught my attention. He was the shopkeeper from the city.

His name was "Aries Greyson".

We hung out and occasianally traded our numbers.

I took a walk into the docks, ofcourse Daddy didn't know, neither will he anytime sooner. It was highnoon and everyone celebrated the summer soltice this year, everyone was in the center of the town, taking part on the annual festival for the Solar Goddess and other cosmic deities.

A thud then came from the farthest boat in the dock.

“Shit.” I heard a man say, followed by a long groan.

“Are you okay?” I asked holding out a hand at the man scrawled across the dock's wooden boards.

“I'm fine.” he said thankfully as he took my hand.

He got on his feet and dusted himself. He then looked at me straight in the eye. A look of recognition came up to his face.

“You were the guy in the shop! You bought a fish just a week ago? Correct?” He asked as he held out a hand.

“The name's Aries Greyson!”

I took his hand and shook it.
“Arrel Greene.”

“Nice to meet you, Arrel!”

That night I gave him a call. We spent hours talking and laughing at each other.

But then I asked;
"Aries? What does it feel like to ride a boat?"

"You've never been on one?"
Confusion trailed in his words.

"No, I haven't but I hope I could, One day."
I told him.

"Then we will! When I don't have work!"
He said.

Diary Entry End