The Boyfriend

"Are you sure you want me to meet them?" You asked Finn.

"Yes, I want to be able to spend time with you without sneaking around." Finn replied quickly and you slowly stood from your seat.

"If you're sure." You sighed, knowing about the Shelby family well enough to be worried.

The two of you were silent on the way, you were too nervous to speak, and Finn wasn't sure what he could say. He was hoping his family wouldn't be too hard on you but he had no idea how to tell them to be nice.

"Maybe we should just go back?" you asked as you took in the huge house in front of you.

"No, we're here... we'll be ok." Finn smiled at you, both scrambling out of the car as you tried to squash your nerves.

It got worse as you made your way into the house, it was huge and your footsteps bounced off the long corridor walls, the voices of the people you were about to meet filled the house and Finn told you to wait as he spoke to them.

"Guys... I have someone I'd like you to meet." Finn muttered as the family crowded into one room.

"The fella from the Garrison?" Ada asked and you slowly stepped into the room, standing behind him as everyone looked you over.

"Name?" Polly snapped.

"(Y/N), (Y/L/N)." You muttered quickly.

"What you want with our Finn?" Arthur snapped and you swallowed as John and Tommy leaned in.

"I like him a lot sir." You gasped and froze up.

"He's scared of us that's good." Thomas muttered to John who chuckled until you ran off.

"Thanks a lot guys." Finn huffed and hurried offer you.

He found you pacing the drive, stopping you nervously fussing by grabbing the front of your coat, kissing you until Poll came out and clucked her tongue.

"You boys need to come inside or lunch will get cold." She said as she leant against the doorframe.

"They gonna be nice to him?" Finn huffed and she nodded.

"He treats you right then he can stay." She smiled when you let out a relived breath, beckoning you inside.