OK

You smiled as Polly scolded you for being late. She knew you would be. The Shelby's used to joke that you'd been running five minutes late for you whole life. Luckily your dinner had been defended by Finn so you rushed to squeeze between him and John as you dug in.

"So what're you doing that makes you so late?" Arthur asked.

"And covered in flour." Polly fussed as she patted your coat and hung it on the hook by the door.

"One of the bakers near here was spying on one of the girls so we went and told his boss that we'd tell someone if he wasn't fired ad we wanted to get payed twice as much as we are now." You mumbled and looked up when everyone went silent.

"She's spent too long with us lot." Tommy said as he finally broke the silence.

"You blushed when they laughed at you but Finn handed you a drink and smiled. You grinned back and for some reason he blushed. Paying no attention to it you continued and soon the house was full of happy shouting and arguing.

******************************

"Alright (Y/N)?" Finn asked as he followed after you and you turned in surprise.

"What're you doing hanging around here?" you asked him quickly, glancing around for his siblings.

"Just... about." He answered awkwardly.

The two of you headed back to the Garrison to get a lift to the Shelby estate and had to wait around for most of the afternoon. You noticed the whole way through Finn kept blushing and stuttering. He refused to let you buy any of your food and drinks, insisting he was a gentleman.

When someone finally said they could give you a lift you followed Finn and squashed in. He blushed all the way back and when you finally arrived he hurried out without a word.

"What's up with him?" Arthur asked as you followed him.

"Who knows." You sighed, stomping up to his room and knocked on his door.

He yanked it open and stared at you as you asked him what was wrong. "Do you want to go out with me?" He asked quickly.

"Yes. Sure." You answered shyly.

"Ok." He shut the door sounding disappointed before yanking it open and kissing you.