One Night

Something was going on. It had been for weeks. The Blinders were filling the streets, more and more coming each day. Finn normally hung around with you. Sometimes Isaiah would come or you'd all spend time with Michael. But the boys had been working harder and harder. You'd been dating Finn for a few years but over the last few months he'd been so busy you'd barely seen him and now it had become a sort of routine. Just saying hello in passing.

Sometimes you worried that he might be planning to dump you. Other times you'd sit in the window and try and see if any of the blinders that were passing by the house were Finn.

There was a rapid knocking on your door. When your mother rushed down to answer it you could hear quiet talking. "(Y/N)!" Hearing the shrill shout you rushed down the stairs to the front door.

"Finn!" You said happily when you jogged down the stairs to see him on the doorstep.

"Will you come with me? I have a surprise." He said cheerfully.

"No she..." you mother started but you'd already gotten your coat from the hook on the wall.

"I'll be back later!" You called out to her.

Finn held your hand as he led the way through the streets. The two of you ran past the rows of houses, cutting through back roads until he led you to a warehouse with a car outside. There were strings of lights scattered everywhere and it looked quite beautiful. There was music drifting softly out of the warehouse doors. He led you in and you stopped short. There was a table, a soft looking lace cloth thrown over it. It was set with what looked like Polly's best china and a few candles stood in the middle of the table.

"Who're they?" You whispered as Finn led you to the table and you spotted a few men dressed like waiters.

"They're serving us tonight." Finn said cheerfully.

"Why?" You asked nervously.

"Because i've not been around for ages. I felt bad and I asked Polly what I could do for you. She said if there wasn't so much going on I could take you dancing and out to dinner. She and Ada helped me get all this together so we could spend an evening together. Without being attacked or anything."

Looking around as he helped you to your seat, you could see a small band playing in the corner. Some of the floor had been cleaned so you could dance with Finn once you'd eaten. The bartender from the Garrison was making drinks and somewhere in the back you could smell something cooking.

"Thank you Finn." You said cheerfully. He smiled, looking a little flustered before planting a sweet kiss on your cheek.