Runaway

Run! That was all that ran through your head. The door had been left open and your restraints were loose so you yanked yourself free and hurtled out to the hallway. You began to panic when you found the front door of the penthouse room locked but you quickly spied the fire escape and despite being several hundred feet in the air, you decided to risk falling over staying, especially if it meant staying in a building full of escaped criminals.

"Come on Doll come back inside." Jerome chirped as he hung dangerously over the bannister so he could watch your long descent.

Just as he started climbing down, realising you had no intention of coming back up, you found an open window that lead into a hallway. You vanished through it and you could hear him shrieking angrily like a demented bird.

"I'll find you (Y/N), don't you worry." He called and you hesitated before shaking your head and hurrying to the lift. As soon as the doors opened you sprinted out into the street, utterly disorientated, unused to this part of Gotham so you simply hurried away from the tower.

"Commissioner you're going to want to hear this." An officer said and beckoned you into the small room.

"Yes can I help you?" She asked kindly, seeing you were in a state.

"My name is (Y/N) (Y/L/N) and I know where Jerome Valeska is." You whimpered and her eyes widened motioning to the man who found you to go somewhere.

"How do you know where he is?" She asked you and you rubbed your hands together.

"I was visiting a family member in Arkham... well not visiting them but I was talking with one of the doctors when they all escaped." You stopped and she grabbed a pen, writing down what you'd said.

"So they took you when you were at Arkham?" She was dubious for a moment but you nodded and continued to explain in detail why you were there.

When shots began firing everyone panicked, you found yourself rushed out of a back door, past a woman cowering under a metal table in the back room and into a car.

"Don't worry, we'll get you out of here... lucky I was dropping by to see a friend, I'm Harvey." The man who'd hurried you away explained.

"Is that my fault?" You asked when a loud boom rattled and shattered the windows of the police station.

"Nah, can't help some crazy fella's following you." He smiled kindly and you nodded, pulling your knees up as he drove in silence.

"Now I think I'm being very friendly here but you've taken my sweetheart and I need to know where she is." Jerome practically growled out.

"She's not your sweetheart, you need to understand that she doesn't want anything to do with you." The Commissioner was almost desperate that perhaps she could get him to leave you alone if nothing else.

"Well now that's just rude." Jerome was suddenly chipper again.

"We can get you help and... then... perhaps (Y/N) will come back?" At this point she was desperate and he could tell.

"Tell you what, I'll take (Y/N) and I'll let you go." Jerome offered.

"No and you won't find her." Her tone was authoritative and the wrong way to handle Jerome who immediately became defensive.

He took a few steps back and began to pace until he suddenly turned and was far too close to the Commissioner's liking.

"I will find my sweetheart, no matter where you hide her or who I have to kill to get to her." Jerome hummed.

"You can look for her all you want but she'll never want to stay with you." Her words had Jerome bursting into laughter and he had to suck in a deep breath before he could reply.

"Looks like I'll have to find a way to keep her all to myself... now if you don't mind, I have a show to put on." Jerome reached for the papers that were sat on her desk and thumbed through to a list of safe houses. "Thanks for the help, we'll send you a postcard."

With that he was gone and the Commissioner slumped down, waiting for someone to come and help her undo the bindings on her chair and deal with the carnage Jerome had left behind.