Mission Time

"Our scouts," Spud started,"have reported in the whereabouts of Lord Turnip's hideout, we must clear them out, immediately."

The rook from the academy stood up and turned to Spud,"Sir, am I to be a part of this mission?" He asked,"It seems to important to bring a rook on."

Spud just laughed, "young tomato, if I can bring Potanna with me,"said Spud ignoring her angry glare,"I can take any rook."

The boy smiled," are you going to call me "rook" or by my name?"

Spud smiled, "Rook, rook rook rook, so much easier to say than Tomato-Boy, the Reincarnate isn't it?"

"I suppose so,"the boy muttered indignantly.

"Good, grab your gear and meet us at the hangar in about 20 minutes."

"Yes sir!" The tomato said with a crisp salute,"20 minutes," he said as he rushed out.

Potanna turned to Spud, "I don't like him, somethings not right."

Spud looked questioning at Potanna, "I thought she liked him...."he thought... "That's not what I expected... And this can't be good... A team needs trust..."

"Potee,"he began," he's just a rook, what could he possibly do?"

Potanna muttered something that Lightyear couldn't hear, "and thank sGod," he thought," If I could read her mind, bad things, bad omens."

Just then, Rook entered into the room, and hopped into the backseat of the "Flying Spud", Potanna looked at Lightyear.

"I thought that was my ship now,"she muttered,"why can't he ride with you?"

Spud just grinned, "Rook and Rookie, the Rookmimsters!"

"Whatda Speck Spud, whatda Speck." She glared daggers then turned and hopped into her ship.

Spud smiled at his ship, after his original ship's initial retirement, he gave it to Potanna and she made some modifications, his new ship however, "Spud Command" was of the new AAII48 Model series, it could even turn into a mech in a pinch.

"Spud!" Potanna yelled from her ship, "how do I turn this Spammed thing on!?!"

Spud clicked an automatic control and turned her ship on,"come on, let's go."

As they sped off, Spud heard an OOMPH sound, and the sounds of fighting.

"Hey! What's going on!?"

"Nothing," Rooks voice came over the intercom, "just some technical issues."

"Where's is Potanna?"

"Oh she won't be answering, and neither will YOU!!!"

"Whatda spu-."

Spud was cut off as greasers from Potanna's ships started blasting his own.

"I can't fight back... Potanna's still on board..."

Spud executed a swift barrel roll and activated an EMP pulse on Potanna's ship...."Oh sGod Potanna... I hope you're okay..."

Spud launched himself out of "Spud Commander" onto the bridge of "The Flying Spud."

"Hello old friend,"he muttered,"miss me already old gal?"

As he slammed through the front windsplicer of the ship, Rook turned in surprise, "how did you... No matter," he said as drew his duel carrot daggers, "you shall die, then I will finish your apprentice, you should've listened to her, Spuddy."

Spud drew his sword, "you won't walk out of here unscathed scumbag."

Spud executed a barrel roll midair and slammed into Rook's blade.

Rook countered with slashing his left-hand blade at Spud's legs.

Spud jumped over and slammed his sword's hilt into Rook's head.

As Rook sagged forward, Spud lifted him by his head. "Never, Trust, a Tomato" he spat, "he chucked him through the broken windsplicer. As he fell, it could be clearly heard, the words, "You shan't defeat Lord Turnip! SPUD!!!!