Not yet

Looking around the living room/ kitchen, it's normal, a dark blue couch, clear glass coffee table, a flat screen on top of a black wooden entertainment center with a bunch of movies and a games filled in the clear cupboards with a gaming system on the bottom shelf and a few family pictures on the wall right above the couch.

I let my backpack slide off my shoulder onto the floor right before hearing a meow then a small kitten runs across the living room into an opened bedroom.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry little kitty!" I whine jogging with my arms out in front of me to go get the cat.

"He should be used to that he's always getting in the way of things." Elijah laughed.

"I still feel bad, I can't bare to see an animal get hurt." I say softly as I grab the kitten and hold him in my arms.

"Aww he's wearing a bow tie!" I gush as I scratch his neck underneath the navy blue and white polka dot bow tie.

"yeah I thought he would look adorable in it." Elijah smiles staring at me.

"He does! What's his name?" I ask as I sit down on the couch.

"Marvin." Elijah smiles sitting next to me.

Marvin digs his claws into me as he jumps out of my arms leaving a bleeding scratch.

"Ouch!" My hand goes to cover my arm but Elijah grabs my hand and takes me over to the sink washing the blood off.

"Marvin! What have I told you about that?!" Elijah's yelling makes me flinch but I quickly let it go.

"It's okay, I'm fine." I defend Marvin.

"He still needs to know that it's not okay for him to do that." I nod my head in agreement.

Elijah grabs a box of band aids from the fridge top and places one over the cut.

"Let's watch a movie." Elijah suggests. We walk over to the entertainment center and he lets me choose a movie.

"What about this one?" I ask showing him the cover of 'just friends.'

"Sure, I like that movie." He gives a small smile and he puts the disk in while I make myself comfortable.

Sitting next to me, he puts arm around my shoulders letting me snuggle up to him. We stayed like that half way into the movie.

I start to get this feeling in the pit of my stomach but it wasn't bad just, weird. I had this sudden urge to kiss him right then and there so that's what I did.

I sit on my knees before throwing one leg over and straddle him, never breaking the kiss. He's hands run up my thighs before gripping them as he holds me on his waist while he takes us to the opened bedroom.
Extending my leg I shut the door leaving us only the dim light of the bathroom light.

My back gently hits the mattress covers and Elijah stands between my legs kissing my neck as my back arches.

Suddenly the feel of his lips against my skin stops. As he heavily breaths he looks at me with concerned eyes. "I don't think we're ready for this Avery."

Propping myself up on my forearms I furrow my eyebrows.  "Oh." Is all I manage to get out.

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel like it's a good idea to do this so soon into the relationship." He had a good point so I sit up and fix myself.

"Could you take me home it's getting late and I know my mother is going to freak." I say quietly.

"Yeah let me get my keys."  His tone sounds sad or awkward or both. After he leaves the room I take a second to take a deep breathe in and out.

The car ride was a bit silent but not unbearable. "I hope you understand, where I was coming from Avery." Elijah looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"I do, I'm just not used to these types of feelings, so I don't know, maybe it's wrong I feel this way about you.." my head stays down but my hand is still holding his.

"No don't think that, it's completely normal, it's just to make a god relationship work, big steps like that should wait."

"Understood." I give a tight smile as I open the car door and get out.

"I'll see you tomorrow, be ready by 5 o'clock." He gives a warm smile.

"Okay see you then." I said dryly.

Shutting the door I hurry up to my front door. Walking in my dad sits in his lazy boy chair with a new paper in hand a cigar in his mouth.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" He says calm but sternly.

"I know I'm late but Tutoring ran late and then luna was having an issue so I went to her house to help her." I lied as best as I could.

Lowering the news paper my dad looks at me above his glasses that are sliding down his nose bridge. "Don't keep this up, go get ready for bed."

"I won't, but um dad?" I ask tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What is it kiddo?" He responds without giving me eye contact.

"I was wondering if I could go over to
Luna's house this weekend and stay for the week?" I tense up waiting for a reaction.

Roughly he puts his paper in his lap and fixes his glasses. "You have school, so no." He says putting the cigar out.

" but I don't, it's some principal conference thing so we have the week off." I explain.

"If I find out you're lying about this, that is going to be your ass." He points a finger at me.

"I'm not lying." I defend.

"Okay,Fine." Is all he says. I jog up the stairs and tell my mom I'm home before going into my room.