Chapter 2: Finding out the truth

This chapter has been edited by crystalunicorn_

Chapter 2: Finding out the truth

It’s been two months since that unforgettable night. I haven’t breathed a word of it to anyone. Not even my best friend, Jess. I was ashamed that I had let that be my first time. I mean, sure the guy was hot and all, but he knew that I was a virgin and he still let me wake up alone.

I woke up with one thought in mind, OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I DONE! I’ve calmed down since then but I am still ashamed of myself. I’ve been trying to find Chad since that night but have had no freaking luck. I didn’t even know the guy's last name!

I may not remember right, but to me it seemed like we had…this connection. I know that I’m still pissed about how my first time turned out, but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t like Chad. He was all I could think about, he was all I dreamed about. There is no way I could just be feeling this on my own. The way he looked at me to assure me that he was going to do everything in his power to make sure I didn't get hurt; he looked at me as if he truly…cared. But I guess I was wrong because he didn't even try to contact me since that night.

As I continued to walk to my biology class, I passed by Jess’s locker, she caught up to me. “Hey girl, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, just a little tired and a little nauseas,” I said as she backed away from me a little bit and put her hands up in the air.

“Well if you have the flu, DON’T give it to me. I don’t think I can deal with being on my period and have the freaking flu, at the same time!” she said. That’s when I came to a dead halt. If Jess was on her period then that means I should be on mine too. Come to think of it I haven’t had my period since James’s party. SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT! “Mand, what the hell is the matter? You look as if you just got slapped…Mandy?”

“Close…" I shivered slightly. "Listen, can you grab my homework and stuff for me today? I think I’m going to skip the rest of the day. Come by my house after school, I may need you.” And with that, I walked away and out the doors to my old beat up Ford Focus.

My first stop before going home was the drug store; I picked up three different types of pregnancy tests, a huge bottle of water and a Seventeen magazine. After paying, I went straight home. My parents weren’t home, but then again when were they ever. They were always on business meetings somewhere else in the country. But I didn’t mind because that meant that I didn’t have to deal with overprotective parents who wouldn’t let you go anywhere fearing that you might get knocked up.

Ha, maybe if they had been those overprotective parents then I wouldn’t be in the situation I am in now. I had chugged down the bottle of water on my way home and was now barley able to hold my bladder. I ran upstairs and peed in a cup so I wouldn’t have to pee on three different sticks. I dipped each pregnancy test in the cup, put the caps back on and waited.

The three-minute wait would feel like a three-hours' one. It seemed that time was ticking in slow-motion. My hands were sweaty and shaky and my breaths were coming in short and fast waves.

Finally the three minutes were up and I turned each test over, each one revealing a little pink plus sign. SHIT! What the hell am I going to freaking do? I slid down to the ground and brought my knees to my chest and just started bawling. How could I get myself into this mess? I was a good student and a great daughter, I never did anything wrong. And the first time I do, it’s huge!

After about thirty minutes of crying I finally got myself up, threw away the pregnancy tests and went into my room. Jess won't be here before 3:15, I thought. It was only 2:30, so I had 45 minutes to waste and think of a way to tell my best friend that I’m freaking pregnant.