Prologue

Hello! this is my second story...I know I don't update the other one that much, but I had to write this one too! it's been a while since I have the whole werewolf thing in mind so.... I'll try to update both and all =) thank you for reading this! 

-----------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, back in 1993 there was a pack of werewolves, one of the strongest, the Midnight Moon pack. 

In late August of that year the alpha finally had a son after having two daughters already, is not that in this century the next alpha had to be explicitly a boy but Geoff, the alpha, missed a child in a house full of women, because the truth is that just as there are girls which you can play a little "hard", with them was not the case, they were two little princesses to which of them "worse".  He loved them to no end but someone who will not fight for the pink teeth brush or the strawberry shampoo would be good, he missed someone who teach how to play with a ball, to fight, to scold him because he got dirty; and someone who when he was older can protect the girls, because Geoff princesses would always be that, his little girls.

 He needed to know that no matter what his family would be okay, and as sexist as it may sound and no matter how moderns where the times, he could not help but think how he did, it being his wolf part or not he had to know that his family and his pack would be okay. And in all honestly he did not see any of her two daughters capable of that, perhaps the oldest, Ruth, could but she didn’t stand the stress very well even if she wanted to hide that; and Nicola, Nicola was a case apart, she could drown in a glass of water, it was harsh to think so because the girl was only three years old but Geoff knew that werewolves character is marked already as puppies, and rarely change when they first shift, as much it gets emphasized.

So when he found out his wife was pregnant with a boy he was the happiest man on earth, at least until 29 August when his wife went into labour a week before time; and then all hell broke.

------------

Meanwhile, in the same pack but on the opposite pole of the social scale, was Des Styles, omega. He was now a happy man, after a rough childhood, he got over the fact of being the omega, the lowest rang for a werewolf, the weakest, or that was the common believe.

But now on this phase of his life he was okay, he had his wife/mate, and a daughter and later that year when the Luna was already with her ‘visibly pregnant belly’ his wife got pregnant too, and it seemed it was a boy, with that Des wasn’t that happy, he had prayed for another girl; why? Easy, because maybe if he only had girls the other kids won’t be so harsh with them for being omegas; maybe de Moon Goddess could give them a strong mate to protect them, because he had a hard time accepting Anne, his mate, it wasn’t that he didn’t want her, god he almost died when he first saw how beautiful she was; what happened was that after years of being mistreated he didn’t want to drag that beauty with him, at the end it was actually Karen, the Luna who convinced him to take Anne, because Anne wanted him and she was her best friend. Des can’t help but smile when he remembers the day he marked Anne; Karen got Geoff involved and the alpha ordered him to go into a room where Des didn’t want to go cause he could smell Anne, but you cannot disobey the Alpha especially being the Omega, so when he got in they got trapped and only after three days when he couldn’t help it and bit her the door opened, not that they actually realized it; but after that Geoff was impressed with Des, who he always thought was weak, he knew then that the omega was provably stronger than him, mentally at least because he had problems not marking Karen each time he saw her, a thing that the girl didn’t allow at that time saying that Geoff was too hot tempered and claimed that only for being mates he won’t have her granted, that got the alpha on his nerves because he couldn’t understand it, he was Alpha, people did as he told, and Karen should be jumping in his arms.

Geoff had to swallow his pride and ask Des his new found friend for help, which Des did because the other was Alpha and also because he liked having a male friend for a chance; you see when you’re omega if you got friend they’re normally females because they tend to be more sensitive and they pity you at the start, actually when you get to know Des he is fun, and nice so you stick around.

At the end both of them got the girls, and a friendship that stick trough the years, because Geoff found that he could explain things to Des that he wasn’t comfortable telling anyone, not even his Beta, because no matter what Des didn’t judge, only helped. Apparently it was that Des being Omega couldn’t judge his Alpha or that’s what he told Geoff countless times, but the Alpha knew that apart from that Des was his friend, and that he was more strong and helpful than everyone thought.

Why? Because Geoff did some research, and he came across some interesting things about Omegas, like how they could actually become the strongest wolf in a pack, how? It seems that the challenges that the omegas had to confront in life could make them powerful if they didn’t die of course, but only a few Omegas got to be like that, because after being mistreated, and starved, thrashed, etc, they couldn’t develop fully, which was apparently a lost for the pact since, even when they get strong and powerful they keep being the most loyal creatures in the planet, as they had kind of a dog instinct; but this last fact wasn’t that documented because only a few alphas could be enough sure of themselves to let the Omega grow strong; and Geoff could understand that feeling because he’s seen Des run, and he knew he was the fastest, that’s why when a problem happened and someone had to check the frontier or pass a message to another pack he always send Des, because the man seemed indestructible, no matter how the bruises he returned with were he always said that he was just fine and that he could take it and that the Alpha shouldn’t worry for him; so Geoff was proud of Des, but the pack always saw that as if the Alpha send him on the hardest missions because he was only a Omega after all, not a big lost if he didn’t make it.

That’s how stupid people can be sometimes, the most obvious is in your face yet you decide to believe in what’s actually more convenient to you. 

----------------------------------

That's it! the prologue ;) hehehe 

I was going to make this a Niam one, but then while thinking the plot and all it had to be another Lirry, next time I'll try to change the couple :P 

Thank you for losing with this! 

LittleMatilda

XOX