Chapter Twenty-Three: Race!! The Semi-Elimination Training-Part Two

(Continuation)

MAZRIETH'S POV

"Is everyone here??" Caitlin asked us.

Steven then appears on the front, "Yup... It seems so..."

"Okay... I'll call all your names and say yes to me..." Caitlin ordered us to say our name. "Raven Armstrong... Is he here??" First, Raven was called.

"Raven Armstrong is here..." He replies.

"Jaden Haddock??" Caitlin questioned Jaden's presence.

"Yes?? I'm here..." Jaden raised his hand.

"Mazrieth Hunter... Is she here??" She later asked me if I'm present.

"Uh... I'm right here..." Well, I answered.

"Hmm... Looks like our valedictorian is here, eh??" Caitlin responds my answer and now sees me. "Ivory Lionheart, is she here??" She finally called Ivory's name... "Is she here??"

"Oh... Yes... I'm here..." Ivory wields her long-edged knife on her hands and raises her hand. "Your full-fledged Viking is here, Caitlin..." Chucked at me and showing her arrogance in front of us.

"Tsk!! Show-off..."

Caitlin continue her talking, "As you can see, today is the Semi-Final Elimination Training...and this training is the moment where one of you will chose to compete the Final Training where you will face the most deadliest dragon class where everything has intelligence... The Strike Class..."

Strike Class?? A strike class dragon...

"Strike Class... An intelligent and aggressive dragons..." Raven expresses what he learns about the Strike Class Dragons.

"Whoa! A strike class might be a lucky day for me..." Ivory committed that she's lucky for facing that dragon... "Defeating one of those and everyone will acknowledge me..."

"So, you want to defeat a dragon?? A strike class... Heh!! Maybe that will be your last..." I asked her.

"Oh yeah... I'm the one should take that 'strike' dragon but first, I'm gonna take you down..." Ivory challenges me for earning the price of killing a dragon on the Final Dragon Training...

"And don't forget, we are officially rivals..." Ivory continued.

Caitlin preceded her discussion at us, "The Semi-Finals was only consists of two person will defeat one dragon that applies to your lessons... But since your scores are tied...that might be problem for us..."

"Problem... With what??" Ivory asked about it.

"Your scores are tied to Raven, Ivory and Jaden while Mazrieth never had been replaced even she disappeared..." Caitlin answered Ivory's question.

"Timing, I have an idea to all of you which Steven and I suggested for the Semi-Final Elimination Training... This training, I'll allow you to use your desired weapons and right now... The next phase of this training is here..." She continued... "Where all of you must race to victory..." She later pointed her hand on the map where Steven holds with his hands...

'A race??'

"Yeah, where everyone will race to reach to this point..." Steven concludes Caitlin's statement.

"A race... That's easy..." Ivory showed her arrogance on my face.

"Yeah, easy for you... But don't forget that this race is also an obstacle race... Where you encountered booby traps and...dragons..." Caitlin said. "This training main's purpose is how you've become alert in any situation..."

"And not just that, you all encircle your pathway from this arena to the beach at the south side of Krell and race back to the village... You've got it??"

Caitlin continues, "There are no rules for this training... Using your last resort of ideal might be helpful to win this training...and devoted yourself to the Final Elimination... Okay, Steven... I'll leave the other explanation including the instruction to you..." And passes her explanation to Steven where he will explain all...

"Okay... Here's the pathway of your training... First, you must go at the food storage where all your first flag is hidden... Second, you are going through the forest and find a tree that full of dragon scratches and get your second flag... Thirdly, you get your flag at the beach... And when you've got all the flags, you must race back to the arena quickly and fast as possible...and one reminder, if you see a red flag pole; you must follow that path back to Krell... The one who arrived first is the winner and the chosen one for the Final Elimination Training..." Steven explained all the instructions and pointed his hand in the map. "And don't forget to dodge those traps and dragons... So, if I were you be more careful..."

Caitlin soon continues his explanation more further about our colored flags, "And everyone has their own flag...which Mazrieth Hunter will have the red, Jaden Haddock will get his blue flag, Ivory Lionheart will get over to her green flag and lastly, Raven Armstrong will have the yellow flag... Do you understand??"

Suddenly, we've heard some noise above us and started to realized that everyone had gathered here to watch the Semi-Finals, where they'll excited to whom who has a chance to kill a dragon... Gregor the Strong and Shianne Flaversham appeared and sitting with the elders of Krell... Camicazi was watching me too...

"Never mind of those people... They're just here to watch though..." Caitlin said.

"Everyone---... Are they're here for---??" Raven surprised.

Being noticed by Shianne, "Oh... Hey Dad!! It's Mazrieth..."

"Mazrieth!! Good luck..." She yelled.

Then, I saw Camicazi...standing in the arena watching me below...and waving her hand...

"Hey, Maz... Good luck to you!!" Camicazi screamed my name.

I gasped through my Dad, Shianne and Camicazi's voices; cheering my name...and yet, I smiled.

"Is everybody understood??" She asked us one more time.

YES!!!

When everyone was their own position, Caitlin ordered them to stand their position and prepare for the race...

Few minutes passed...

"So, is everyone ready??" Caitlin asked us.

As Caitlin questioned about their preparation, all of us respond and says 'Yes' to Caitlin... She later approached Steven and asked him, "Did you prepare all of them??"

"Yeah... Everything has prepared..." He replied.

"I see... Okay... Everyone, into your position..." She tells us to going to our position.

Steven walking to the near gate and raised with a black flag...

"Alright, ready... Ready...get set... Go!!"

He swings his arm; letting the flag going downwards...and the race finally begin...

************************************************************************************

(@fierre_shianne speaking)

This is how the chapter ends.... The next chapter might be a continuous from the previous one...

See ya!!