Eleven

My turn! My dance! You promised!” Danny told her cheerfully as another slow song came on. You never do slow music she chided 
I have my moments he chuckled 

Donnie led Michelle onto the dance floor. They had both had a few more drinks and were almost holding each other up.

“Thanks for helping me get all this mess sorted,” she told him.

“It’s what I do he teased with a sparkle in his eyes. You still are one of the most beautiful girls I’ve ever met.” Before she could protest, he kissed her passionately.

“Donnie, wait! I…” she stammered. He caressed her back through the silk of her outfit.

“Shelly, we’re both decent, good human beings. We work hard, and take care of the people we love. I’d never pressure you, and don’t want to confuse you, but one last time, for this weekend, let’s be in love again. Let’s go back to the time before we fought, and then finish this thing right.”

She stared at him. She wanted nothing more than to stay in his arms all night. She wanted to take him home and… “Michelle, I know what kind of girl you are, and I’d never take advantage of you,” he said, the alcohol making him braver by the minute. “But all I can think of is taking you home and making love to you until the sun comes up.”

She pulled back, shivers crawling up and down her spine. All she could say was “Okay”, as Danny claimed her for the next song.

Steph unwrapped herself from Joes arms. She desperately needed to sit down. The alcohol was hitting her hard core which would make sense because she barely ever drinks. Someone grabbed her hand.

“Jordan, I don’t…”

“Just one dance,” he begged. She saw sincerity in his brown eyes and relented.

“What happened to your new friends?”

“You were right. They were hussies. That’s not what I want.”

“What do you want?” She regretted the words immediately. He slid his hands down and rested them on her backside.

“You.” He began to kiss her neck. “I still remember how you taste…how you feel…”

She moaned without realizing it. “Jordan, I can’t. No matter how much I want to.”

He pressed close against her. “Do you feel how much I want you? Say yes.” He nibbled on her earlobe. “This place is a hotel, right? We’ll go get a room, and…”