Twenty Four

“I won’t rush you, but I would never hurt you. I love you so much.”

“That’s what Jon said,” she replied as they walked to the car. He stopped walking.

“Just what all did he tell you?”

“Just that you were head over heels in love with me, and I should go for it.” They got into the car. She waited until they were out on the road to continue. She looked at him slyly. “

“Well, I definitely agree with him there,” he said finally.

They pulled up in front of the beach house at around ten-thirty. Steph realized she wasn’t even tired as they went inside. “Are you sleepy?” She asked him.

“Not really. Why?”

“I’m not, and I wondered if you wanted to jump in the Jacuzzi with me. I could drown or something, and I might need mouth to mouth,” she flirted cautiously.

Inwardly, Jordan’s mouth fell to the floor. On the outside he remained calm. “I don’t know…can I trust you not to take advantage of me?”

“I’ll behave as much…or as little…as you want me to,” she said provocatively.

“That’s what I was hoping,” he said over his shoulder as he climbed the stairs to their  room.

Steph’s mouth dropped open as she went to her room. She hadn’t acted like this in years, but it was coming back pretty damned quick. She dug threw her bags for her new suit. As she found it, she heard the Jacuzzi come to life. She hurried pulled on the suit. It was a dark blue tankini that Michelle had convinced her to buy.

Steph left her hair up, and slowly walked out to the living room. Jordan was adjusting something on the Jacuzzi, and didn’t see her come in. When he finally looked up, he did a double take and almost fell into the water. “You, uh…that really, um…wow.” Jordan stuttered. She blushed and walked closer.

“Is it okay if I get in?”

“Sure. I was just adjusting the lights.” He turned off the living room lights and turned on the underwater Jacuzzi lights.

She sighed as she sank into the warm bubbling water. “This is the one thing our new house is missing. Maybe when we get the pool I’ll have a hot tub installed, too.” She tried to relax her airplane-cramped muscles.

“Come here.” Jordan whispered as he climbed in. She moved to sit in front of him, and he began rubbing her neck and shoulders.

“Oh, that feels good,” she murmured. She unconsciously began to lay back against him. He unconsciously stopped massaging and began caressing. She put her head on his shoulder. He gently kissed her neck and behind her ear. His hands trailed down her sides to her waist. She moaned and pressed back against him. She could feel how aroused he was and it took everything she had to make herself sit up and turn around.

“I’m sorry,” he said immediately.

“Why are you apologizing?” She asked with a smirk.

“Because you…because I…because it seemed like the right thing to do,” he replied, looking like the  boy she fell in love with that summer that seemed so long ago.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Jordan It’s not like we haven’t made love before,” she sighed. “I should be the one apologizing. I feel like I’m teasing you.” She sat beside him and he put an arm around her.

“There’s no denying that I want you…badly,” he groaned with a smile. “But I don’t want you to think making love is all I want because it isn’t .Even when we were kids it wasn’t”

She gently kissed him. He pulled her closer .Jordan I need you I’ve always needed you.
He lowered her head to his chest .Hear that? His voice cracked as she nodded silently .That’s for you .Its yours .Its always been yours .Granted part of it belongs to our children but it hasn’t been mine in over a decade. She climbed over onto his lap facing him .Taking his face in her hands she kissed him .A kiss that told him everything he needed to know .A kiss that gave him hope for their future