36

"hey." ryan says, grabbing the attention of dallon. "dalton, right? brendon's boyfriend?" 

"actually it's dallon." he corrected ryan. 

"same difference." ryan shrugged. "let's go to the dorm before brendon gets back from class." 

dallon and ryan had been talking for a bit through dms on surprising brendon at his college. dallon and brendon had been missing each other like hell and couldn't wait for a break where they'd be back home with each other. they made their way up to their dorm, ryan telling dallon he could sit wherever. 

dallon picked up one of the frame photos off of brendon's nightstand. it was a photo of him that brendon took, when he was on the football field and his cheeks were pink with embarrassment. it was the photo that prompted them to talk in the first place. 

dallon smiled which caused ryan to ask what he was smiling at. dallon explained the story to him which caused him to gag. "love is gross." 

"well maybe you just haven't found the right person yet." dallon shrugs. "i could hook you up with some assholes i know, you'll have a lot in common." 

"yeah, no thanks." ryan shook his head. 

"i have a friend named spencer-" 

"your boyfriend will be back any minute. go hide somewhere." ryan said, partially true, partially just wanting him to shut up. 

"where?" dallon asks, observing the room.

"under the bed?" ryan suggests.

dallon starts to crawl under when they hear footsteps coming towards the dorm. "shit that's him, get under the bed quicker!" 

"i'm a tall man, dude!" dallon slid under, successfully hiding himself from view just in time of brendon walking in.

"i'm gonna take a long ass nap, so please just shut up for like 5 hours." brendon sleepily groans. he jumps onto his bed, squishing dallon in the process.

"ow!"dallon groans. 

"what the fuck?" brendon asks, hopping off his bed and looking under. "dallon?" 

"surprise!" he shouted. "my plan didn't work out as well as i thought and now i'm kinda stuck." 

"you're such a nerd." brendon laughs pulling him out from underneath the bed. 

"that could've went better." dallon said, as brendon pulled him tight into a hug.

"what are you doing here?" brendon asks.

"i wanted to surprise you, so i talked to ryan about me coming out here to come visit." dallon explained.

brendon turned to where ryan laid on his bed with his laptop pretending he wasn't listening. "aw, you do have a heart after all."

"i'm just gonna leave the dorm now, you know so i don't 'interupt' you two." ryan gets out of his bed, stuffing his laptop into his backpack and exiting the dorm. 

"at least we'll have some alone time now." brendon shrugs and smiles.