Day 2 - If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree

On this day, Ara was sitting in the library — in a small space between the Romance Section and the Sci-Fi Fantasy Section. She was talking with one of the few people that actually agreed with her, Miami.

They had been friends since 2nd grade and watched many of their classmates die, by 'accident' of course, or be beaten and hospitalized for weeks. If they were so unlucky as to be left alone with a spirit like Ara's they would succumb to the devilish world.

Ara had lost many friends to death but almost equal to that of taking the world as it was.

"I honestly don't understand how these 'guards' are allowed to have heavy duty weaponry in schools of all places." Ara said lightly but loud enough for Miami to hear her.

"Me neither. And the barbed wire gets thicker every year. It's like they think we're gonna get ourselves killed getting out of here." Miami replied with a sigh.

A guard walked down the small isle as talking was heard, across from them was a section of computers. 6 cubic areas, 6 desktop computers.

At one of the computers was a supervisor making one of his monthly visits but he was with 2 others. Bodyguards possibly. But they didn't look like bodyguards.

.
They weren't dressed in the slick black tux jacket, a white ironed shirt, or black straightened tie. They didn't have the ironed black pants that looks like their mothers put too much starch in the laundry, let alone the white socks and neatly tied black and polished shoes.

"Ara..." Miami mumbled in surprise. Ara didn't answer as she was too caught up in a book but despite holding up a finger saying to wait, Miami was persistent in her ventures as she jabbed Ara's side. "Araceli!" She mildly yelled.

Ara jumped and dropped the book but thanks to quick reactions barely caught it between her legs. "What!?" She asked looked at her.

Miami pointed at these presumed bodyguards. "Look."

Ara looked up and raised an eyebrow. "Who are they? They can't be bodyguards could they?"

"I don't know."

Ara opened her book back up and looked back at it but focused on the supervisors words. She then realized he wasn't talking to a teacher or a principal, he was battering a student.

"You may have skills in art and gymnastics but it has no place in this world, young man. If you want to survive and have a family here, you must pass every obstacle that's here and that's not looking to good." The supervisor laughed angrily.

"Sir..."

"You will speak when spoken to." He snapped, the bodyguards behind the supervisor seemed to grin as Ara glared at them from behind her book. "Also, what do you think you're doing using a Class A computer? That's only for Class A students."

"I... I have... A Class A pass..."

"I'm surprised someone with such a small brain could have a Class A pass. You seem to be completely un-entitled to these things. Especially with these 'dreams' of yours. What information could you possibly gather?"

"Well... I..."

"You stutter quite a lot. Do you need some motivation?" The supervisor snapped his fingers and moved to the side as one of the so called bodyguards pulled a switchblade.

A loud slam filled the library as the blade flipped out of its case. The Supervisor looked over to see Araceli standing strong at the small island book case that had 2 exits out of the little cubic resting area.

"If you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree it will live it's whole life thinking it's stupid!" She yelled at the supervisor. Miami stared at her in shock as Ara's face hardened.

The classes in the library walked out of whatever spaces they were in and looked at her. A few having a smile on their face at her rebelliousness despite knowing what could happen.

The Supervisor turned to her as the boy ducked into the crowd but stopped to watch. "Is that resistance I'm hearing?"

"Yes." She said sternly, adrenaline rushing through her veins.

"This educational institute has ZERO tolerance for 'rebels'." The Supervisor looked at his bodyguard and nudged his head towards the door.

The vice-principal walked in and, very confused, made his way through the crowd. "What's happening here?"

"This student, Araceli Tasso Kaia, spoke out of term in a very disrespectful manner."

"Ara. Is that true?"

"Yes, vice principal Combs it is. He was harassing a student."

"Harassing?"

"Yes."

"Hah! And who's gonna back you up on that?"

Araceli's expression stayed as it was. "I know what I saw."

"Ara, come with me... Supervisor we'll talk about this in my office."

The Supervisor scoffed in absolute anger and annoyance.