Day 3 - You Have To Run Somewhere

Araceli sat quietly in a cubicle as a guard stood out front. The room was small like a bathroom stall for the disabled, it was the 'severe detention' area. The door to the room was a thick wooden door with a rectangular window on it. In between the window panes was blinds and they were closed.

She took a deep breath as she looked around, the room was void of any other windows, an air conditioner standing in the corner not being used, possibly broken. Soon voices rang out close to the door.

"Is this really necessary, Supervisor? She didn't mean to. She's had a bad day today and she just needed to vent."

"So you're saying we just let this rebellion live inside her? Hah! No. Bradley, Adrian, go teach this girl a lesson, the sound barrier will be on so don't worry about what you can and cannot do."

Araceli closed her eyes and swallowed hard making an audible gulping sound as she thought of her older brother who was killed at his work. He had disrespected a Class Plus and gotten shot in cold blood. That's what was about to happen to -- me...

They'll come in here and kill me. I won't get to say goodbye to Miami or Mom... Or my little brother... All for sticking up for a Class A...

She teared up a little bit but her expression hardened into anger and sadness as she heard the insides of the walls moving, the soundproof mechanics going up as the guard moved from the door and used a keycard to open it.

I can't die here... I can't... I want a family of my own... I want a husband and I want kids... I want them to grow up out of this horrible system... I want to see them... I want to bother them and make them laugh... Goddamn it... GODDAMN IT.

The door clicked open as two men, the 'bodyguards', walked inside and looked at her, one snickering as she opened her eyes and stared at them.

This was it. She couldn't fight them but -- I can outsmart them.