Chapter XIV: The Butler On A Date

YOUR POV

"What did you just say?!"

"You heard me right. This while you have to follow my order and my first one would be: go and get some snacks for us, now."

"Kihyun, aren't you being too much?" I asked my best friend.

"Yeah Kihyun." said Jooheon. "Aren't bullies the one who normally orders other people around like that?"

Kihyun shot him a glare so Jooheon had to shut up.

"Shut it you two and besides, you've agreed to this already, Jooheon. There's no turning back right now."

"Right... I'm really sorry Changkyun..." Jooheon said to his best friend."

"Um, I don't know if I should accept your apology or not, hyung.." replied Changkyun.

"Okay, that's enough chitchat. Go get our snacks now." Kihyun said.

"Just what else do you have in mind for him to do?" I asked Kihyun.

"A lot."

"Like what?!" Changkyun asked him.

"Let's see... Ah! For this entire week, if you want to talk to her, you'll have to ask permission from me first."

"Are you serious?!" I asked.

"Yes, I am. Furthermore..." Changkyun cut Kihyun short of what he was about to say.

"Look, the two of us have decided to be friends again. I'm not pushing for us to quickly return to how things were back then. Being friends again meant starting from square one, no more, no less. If you're thinking that I would hurt her once more then...-" This time, it was Kihyun who cut Changkyun.

"That's the point. That's why I'm doing this. Do I have to remind you that the last time you promised not to hurt her, you ended up doing so? I don't freakin' care if you're friends again. That doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I make sure my best friend here won't get hurt by the same person once more. Do you understand?"

This made the rest of us silent. Only the wind blowing was making sounds since we were all at the rooftop.

Upon hearing this, Changkyun lowered his head. The message to him was crystal clear. Kihyun's doing this because he still doesn't trust Changkyun at all.

"Kihyun..." I said as I held his hand.

"I'm sorry." He said. "I know that it's a good idea, for you guys that is, to be friends again would help repair relations between the two of you but for me, it's different. I just don't feel good about it. I'm sorry Changkyun but I still don't trust you. What you did back then made me lose so much trust in you that not even an ounce remains so..."

"Okay, I'll do everything you say." Changkyun suddenly said.

"Sir!" Minkyun protested.

"What?! Changkyun! Are you nuts?!" My brother asked him.

I didn't know what to say. On one hand, I feel like Changkyun doesn't have to go through this but on the other hand, I understand what Kihyun was saying. As my best friend, he was the first person Changkyun asked permission before he could court me before my brother and parents. I guess Kihyun felt so utterly disgusted by the fact that Changkyun chose to backstab not only me but him as well when he decided to go out with Hayoon secretly. Trust is a big thing for Kihyun.

"If I do this, would you come to believe and trust me again?" asked Changkyun.

"Maybe. I'll think about it. It'll depend on how well you obey whatever I say."