Chapter 1 - New Beginning

I groaned when the alarm went off at 5 am. I am not such a morning person, but I have a flight to catch in 2 hours. To where?? Now, that's an important question!! I am on my home for a marriage.. But whose? Of course, mine it is. Yep.. I'm getting married in 3 days. I didn't want to go home early because of the dark memories of my past. Nope, I don't want to go there. The moment I think of those  memories it hurts. I feel like I am getting dragged back to hell.

Ah! The second alarm went off, reminding I am getting late for my flight. You see, I love sleep more than anything. So, I can't trust myself waking up early. Hence, multiple alarms, so that I won't miss any appointments.

Oh, let me introduce myself. I am Aruna Sahay, CEO of Happy Group. Yup, that's me. You know it's not like a group of industries, it's like... how to say that.. Hmm.. it's my dream!!

DREAM....!! It was always my dream since my college days to build a school, manage it, a school with all the happy children and get the best education  and support for overall development of the child and to ensure best childhood ever.

Too much cliche, I know that. But still bring a sweet dream or where there is no bounds all you have to do is to work towards your dreams for your own happiness that's what I believe in.

I got all my bags and left in the car arranged by the hotel. By the way, my fiance is the owner of the hotel "The Grande", the one I'm staying in, which of course I didn't knew until recently. Well, till now I was not interested in knowing about the CEO of this hotel, even now I'm not.. let's just say that I am little curious though.

My marriage is arranged by our parents. Let's just say that I was emotionally blackmailed into it. So, I didn't even bother to look at his picture or meet him yet. I don't have any expectations in this marriage, because Expectations always hurts...a lot..... I will continue to live my life and he might continue his,as he wishes and nothing's gonna change.

The car stopped abruptly bringing me back from my thoughts. I unloaded my luggage and hurried towards the immigration, only to know that the flight was late. I was waiting in the lounge while a little girl came and sat by me with her mother. It reminded me of my Angel.

The little girl started running and bouncing around catching everyone's attention. The place was filled with her laughter. Her mom left for washroom. I was just watching her play, when she slipped and abruptly fell. It felt like as if my angel fell and got hurt. I ran towards her, picked her up. I hugged and soothed her until she calmed down. Then took my first aid kit from my bag and tend to her wounds. I always keep the kit with me, just in case if my Angel gets hurt. I gave her a chocolate, she cheekily smiled and took it. I started a conversation with her.

"Hey beautiful, I'm Aruna. You can call me Aru. What's your name?"

"My name is Sweety. I'm studying in LKG 'B' Section. I'm 5 years old. My father name is Yash. My mother name is Priya. I like dancing. What do you like?" She gave a dimpled smile.

I was so overwhelmed with her reply and smile. I smiled heartily after a long time. It really did make me happy.

"Okay Cutie. I love singing. And I'm very bad at dancing. Can you please dance for me? A little.."

"Oh ho didi.. I'm not cutie, I'm Sweety." She pouted.

She looked beautiful with curly honey brown hair and Chocolatey eyes, pink lips and rosy cheeks, like a natural blush.

"And of course I can dance. The wound doesn't hurt. Can you please sing and I'll dance"  She asked me with twinkling eyes. I was taken aback with her request, but I couldn't really deny her. So, I agreed.

As I started singing a Bollywood song in a low voice, and she started dancing the steps. And I was so mesmerized by her, I forgot about our surroundings. Once we finished, She ran to me and hugged. I was filled tears of happiness, reminding the memories of my Angel, only to be interrupted by the applause of the crowd. I felt little shy and embarrassed by the earlier act and went back to my seat.

Soon, Sweety's mother joined us and we spoke about what had happened earlier and she thanked me for watching over her. Soon, the departure was announced and she left with Sweety. I heard someone calling Didi.. I just turned back to notice that.. Sweety was running towards me. She hugged and said good bye while kissing my cheeks. I smiled and returned the gesture.

I felt a piercing gaze on me. I looked abruptly towards the person only to catch him smiling at me. I was really Confused by his reaction. Earlier I was too afraid to talk to strangers but not now. So I went towards him.

"Do I know you?", since I work with many NGOs, I meet with several people. Usually I don't forget the people I meet, even if I have met them once. But this time, I was not sure.

He looked surprised by my question.  But smiled and nodded. I was staring at his retreating back as he turned and said, "You're going to miss your flight."

I was too stunned to respond, the last call for the flight was announced, which  made me come back from thoughts. I ran towards the flight for boarding. Hopefully I can get some rest before all the drama starts..

***********************************
Author's Note:

This is my first story. There are lot of mistakes. My apologies for that.
The thoughts and plots about the story is running through my mind but however, I'm not able to put it together in words. But I am trying my level best to express my story to all the readers.

Thank you all for giving it a try. Let me know your views and comments. Please leave your feedback for my motivation. It took me a lot of courage to start writing. Hope you understand that.

Love you all.
Thank you.

- Resh