Chapter - 4 His Journey

Arjun's PoV:

I noticed her struggling with the bags and helped her. Before she could see my face, I turned away and went to sit in my seat. She mumbled a thank you and left. After few minutes, she was coming towards the seat and I noticed that her hair was pulled into a ponytail, she looked good, but I still like her hair open.

While I was admiring her, someone brushed past her causing her to stable and fall. I instinctly caught her by waist and looked at her eyes which were closed. She fluttered open her eyes and looked surprised to see me. I liked this closeness and her beautiful chocolate brown eyes went wide, dilating the pupils. But there was deep pools of pain hidden in those. I wanted to ask her about it, but left her, thinking its not right.

She was asking herself probably as to why she was bumping into me again again. But, she blurted out her thoughts aloud. This made me laugh and I thought it was really cute and voiced out the same. But she was taken aback by my compliment saying that she's not used to it and glared at me. I told her to start getting used to it. She deserves it though. However, it angered her even more and before she spoke, I interrupted saying that it's not polite way of thanking for the compliment and smiled.

I don't know what just happened, she apologized and smiled. It was really mesmerizing. She asked me for exchanging our seats and I instantly agreed. I would give her anything she asks, after all she is going to be my wife soon. And its pretty obvious that she already owns me, so it was just a seat and I agreed.

She seemed happy about it and was about to introduce herself. But I interrupted her saying that we can be strangers but friends in journey. She got confused and thought it was some mystery game. But the truth was, I didn't wish to give out my name..yet. She may not have recognized me, but she'll definitely, if I give my name. I extended my hand and asked, "Deal?".  She shook my hand, but the moment I held her hand in mine, my heart skipped a beat. It was so warm that I never wished to leave her hand. But, I had to.

Then I started telling all the stories one by one. She was listening very attentively. I was very much happy that I got carried away, only to notice that, all of a sudden she started shivering. It got me very confused. Her eyes held so much pain, and all I wanted was take it away. I was very much tempted to ask her the reason. But at that moment, all I felt was to protect her and take care of her. Iheld her hands to comfort her, she started relaxing. I wanted to hold her hands throughout, however she abruptly removed her hands and hugged herself. I draped her with my coat and offered her some water. She apologized and thanked me. I was more than happy to be of help to her. But I couldn't say that right?

After sometime, she fell asleep on my shoulders. The moment her head rested on me, my heart skipped a beat. She looked calm, flushed cheeks with dried up tears, her swollen eyes closed, with smudged mascara. God, she was an epitome of beauty and innocence. And she's going to be all mine soon. Though her panicked state bothered me a lot, I wanted to enjoy the warmth and happiness I was feeling. I closed my eyes in satisfaction enjoying the moment, with a smile on my face. And soon fell asleep.

I woke up after sometime only to find the seat empty. I relaxed when I saw her walking towards me. She had freshened up. Oh how I wanted to kiss those flushed cheeks... I smiled at that thought. I wanted to hear her sweet voice again but was thinking about how to start a conversation. But She offered me a chocolate. So, I initiated the talk and was very happy to know that she's a chocoholic. And she defended chocolate as if her life depended on it. Oh, how much jealous was I on that.. CHOCOLATE.. Huh!!
My friend owns a chocolate factory in Ooty. I would take her there, maybe for a date perhaps.... Imagine her surprise.. I grinned.

Soon we reached our destination, I helped her with the luggage and she invited for her marriage and was troubled about how to share details. I said not to worry about that and wouldn't miss it for the world. Ofcourse, why would I miss it?

I saw her brother Aryan and sister waiting for her. She may not identify me, but her siblings will surely recognise me. Why wouldn't they?

Aryan is my childhood friend. Even though it had been a long time, he will recognise me. So, I slipped out quickly before they see me. I don't want to miss the look on her face when she knows who I am. I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

************************************
Author's Note:

Here's another update.

It's been a really really long time. I was busy with work.
Yes, rejoined office after Onam celebration.
Hmmm ya.. I'm a mallu. 😃

Always Be Positive. Don't let anyone or anything to let you down.

I am always B+ve..😉PJ.. I know.

Lots of Love.

- Resh
24 Oct 2017