Chapter 6 - Roller Coaster of Emotions

Aruna's PoV:

Adhi realized what was happening and started laughing. They shook their hands and hugged.. Hugged???

Looking at my surprised face, Adhi started, "He is my friend and our client with whom I had meeting today. It was very important and the deal has to be closed today itself since he will be busy. And hence, I couldn't come to pick you. Sorry" and he ruffled my hair only to get glared by both of us.

I glared at Him accusingly, "You!! You are the reason why he couldn't come to pick me? And why the hell are you glaring at him?"

Adhi started laughing, "You really don't know who he is na? May be his name might ring a bell for you. You are so innocent. He is Mr.." But He interrupted

"Mr. Stranger. That's what she calls. And I would like to keep it like that." For now. He muttered that in a low voice to Adhi. " It was part of a deal. And how do you two know each other?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

Adhi started laughing, "Well.. Ajj.. Mr. Stranger!! Wouldn't you love to know that?" he wiggled his eyebrows at him naughtily and continued, "We both are friends from a long long time, from our school days. You remember, I used to go on & on about a friend and used to irritate you a lot. It is Her. Well.. probably you should have paid more attention to my rambling then, than thinking of plotting 100 ways to murder her."

He yelled, "That was HER???",he yelled & started laughing.

I glared at him. How dare he think of killing me?

He raised his hands in surrender. "See Ms. Chocolate. I'm innocent here. Every day he used to go on & on and never shuts his mouth, irritating me to the core. From morning to evening. Even in dreams, he used to haunt me with his non-stop rambling. You would have done the same if you were in my place. Now, that I know it was about you, I wish that I should have paid more attention." He added sheepishly looking at me.

I was not able to respond. May be he was true. Adhi is sort of like that. Annoying. He can get an award for that. But that doesn't mean, I agree with him. So, I glared at him. But I was thankful for him during the flight. So, I decided to play nice. " Hey Adhi, you say he is your friend. So, be a good friend and share him the details." Adhi looked at me confusedly. Then I added, "The wedding venue details and all da. He was a good company and makes a good friend, if not for that cocky attitude. And I sort of invited him."

I don't understand what part of that was hilarious. Both of them started laughing. It confused me and made me mad. So mad that, I wanted up to leave. But then, I remembered that my handbag is still with that idiot and I came in his car. I can't exactly walk home from here. It was frustrating.

"Adhi, give me my damn bag. And for your kind information, I'm leaving now. I can't stand looking at the annoying idiots any longer" His eyebrows quirked up. I just avoided looking at him. And this Adhi was not ready to give me my bag and was smiling like an idiot.

"Mr. Aditya Chopra!! You better give me my bag.. Or else..."

"Or else..." Adhi taunted.

This infuriated me. I took the pitcher of water from the table and threw at him. It all happened in an instant. I was shocked to see His suit drenched with water. I started apologizing and wiping his suit with tissue. "Sorry.. Sorry.. I didn't mean to.. I meant to throw it at him."

YES! That annoying devil pulled Mr. Stranger in front of him, to shield himself when I threw the water. Adhi knows me very well & damn his reflexes are good. I can give him credit for that. I looked at Him with an apologetic smile. He was soaking wet, water dripping from his hair. He looked incredibly sexy. But, the moment his eyes met mine, I felt lost. He smirked and grinned evilly. Before I realized why, He shook his head vigorously. The water droplets fell on my face.