Chapter 7 - Travel & Business

Aruna's PoV:

A smile automatically graced my face, as soon I saw my family after a long time. My parents came & hugged me. They started talking about the things which I missed. You might have wondering where I had been all this time. I will never stay at home. Don't get me wrong. I do love my family. After all, they are had been the pillars supporting me, whenever I crumbled down. But being at home reminds me a lot about the past, because not always people will be around you. Being alone means the haunted past can always catch up and drown you. Hence, I always keep myself busy with work. If there is no work, I travel around.

Travelling...It had always been one of my favorite pastime. NO matter how down you feel, a small vacation can help you rejuvenate. Some alone time with yourself in a different place is always refreshing. You can rediscover yourself within. Since I was a child, it had always been my dream to travel around the world, eating different types of food, discovering places, the different culture and tradition, all this intrigued me. However, I didn't get the chance for those exploration, until I was at my worst.

I travelled around a bit. My Studies in US, some conferences in some parts of Europe. But however my dream destination had always been Paris, the City of Love. I would love to visit the Eiffel tower, the Louvre museum, Notre Dame, Disneyland and definitely shopping. But even now, my dream destination still remains as dream. This time I had been to Dubai, not for sightseeing, for purely business purpose. I had to attend an Edu expo, its part of my hobby to learn about the different creative teaching methods and inculcate in our schools. I always prefer my students to learn the best in a most fun way.

My students? Yes, I happened to run the Happy Schools in Mumbai. There are 5 schools in different parts of Mumbai & Pune, 3 in Delhi, 1 in Hyderabad, 2 in Chennai and 1 in Indore. Though all 12 schools are in different states with different education boards, all those come under one group, Happy Group and I happen to be its Chairperson. 

We have orphanages in all those states, the children from these homes can get free education in our schools. The main aim of our schools is to provide best education for the kids who are not able to afford it. Of course, that goes without saying that the kids from the high class society can join our school only if they have the talent not money. It is our aim to nurture the talents of the kids, with all features field trips, museum visits, gardening, horse riding, swimming etc. Hence, my students stay happiest.

To afford all these, we have funding from our NGO's, our tech company which Ryan manages and from the Art & Music School. The Chopra group is also one of the major contributors. Our Company's clients and Adhi's clients were impressed by our work, and hence they donate the part of their profit to our Funds. Hence, we are able to get through the finances without any glitches.

I was smiling at my mom's non-stop rambling, just then my cellphone rang. It was my friend Priya, who also happen to be my secretary, she manages the things in my absence. I excused from my family and attended the call. But before I opened my mouth to speak, she beat me to it.

"Hey Aru, How are you? When did you reach? You didn't even call me." I can imagine her pouting face. I smiled at that thought.

"Just now I reached home dear. I was with Adhi till now. I would have called you eventually." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh! With Adhi? Then, you wouldn't have remembered anyone else. But, I called you regarding an important matter. You wouldn't believe it." This got my attention.

"What's it? Is everything ok? Do you want me to drop by office?"

"Yes that would be great. We can speak when you reach here."