Chapter 5 - Best Friend

Aruna's PoV:

I was very tired, sudden triggering of the feelings, the warmth of a new friend, Mr. Stranger. So, overall I slept throughout my car ride. Anyhow, it would be even more tiring with all the traditional ceremonies and troubling cousins. But, there is always one thing that I'll always look forward to. My Angel. She is my world. I do believe in the marriage, but I do not have trust in the relationships. It's long gone. But this marriage, it's for everyone's happiness. My family is so happy as if I have given them the world, just because I agreed at last.

I was cooking dinner. He was working on his laptop. I got a call from my mom. I was talking to her after a long time. I was so happy to talk to her that I didn't notice the smoke. I disconnected the call and went to check, only to find that the dinner was burnt. I was very scared. I tried everything to hide that before he notices. But he was already standing in the kitchen with his arms crossed and glaring at me.

No.. no.. no.. This was not supposed to happen. My brain was telling me to run away from there. But before I could do anything, he held my hand so hard, that my wrists started bruising. Before I could say anything, he put my hand in the burnt pan. My hand was turning red, it was burning from the heat.

"Serves you right for burning my dinner. You bitch, You don't even know to do a single thing properly",he growled.

I started yelling.. "No.. Please. Stop!!! It's hurting.. Please.. Please.. Stop..Stop!! STOP...!!!"

I jerked forward and woke up, only to find that I was in the car. My sister Riya was holding my hand and looking at me with concern. My brother Aryan had stopped the car. I was sweating profoundly, I was not able to breathe all of a sudden. I was having a panic attack. I heard that they were telling something. But I couldn't hear a thing. I ran out of the car. And tried to control my breath. I started thing about Angel. It calmed me a little and I tried to remember my flight journey and my new friend, Mr. Stranger. It brought me smile. Then I started to relax.

Aryan and Riya was watching me in shock, they didn't know what to do. They had thought I was completely fine. I turned towards them and gave them a big smile. By the time, Riya ran towards me and hugged me.

"You gave me a scare Didi. What happened? Are you ok? Do you want to go to Doc?" She looked very concerned.

"Riri.. I'm perfectly alright. It's just a nightmare. Yesterday, I was binge watching horror movies. It's a side effect of it. That's all." I laughed and winked at her.

She started laughing. She didn't know much about my past details, except that I went through some bad things, which left me heart broken. And, I would like to keep it that way. But, I couldn't say the same about my brother. I couldn't lie to him, not when he can see through me. Aryan knows a lot more than others. He used to be there for me always when I needed shoulder to cry on. He was there when I was struggling to get back on my life. He was so proud when I fought to get back to my life. Now, the same person is standing in front of me, with the worried look on his face, not even uttering a single word.

I went to him and hugged him. He was still frozen, but after a moment he hugged me back. I looked into those grey eyes filled with worries. I smiled at him.

"Everything is ok da. It's all in the past. It was just a glimpse, nothing to worry about. Now, don't you look at me like that, I am perfectly alright." I was annoyed by then. I don't want anyone to look at me as if I'm some fragile little doll. I am strong and I don't want to feel otherwise.

"Aru.." He looked at me with deep thought and smiled. He ruffled my hair, knowing how much it annoys me. I glared at him. He laughed andt continued, "You know that I'll always be there for me right? So, if anything.. anything at all, even if it's a small thing bothering you, you would tell me right?"