Chapter 8 - Jealous? Part-1

Arjun's PoV:

The drive from the airport was pretty boring. I was very eager to meet my family. But before that, I need to drop off my things at my penthouse. Yes, I love being independent and besides my penthouse is in the top floor of one of my hotels and it is very closer to my office. My dad Raj Malhotra and mom Nisha Malhotra stay in a mansion on the outskirts of the city. They wanted to live in peaceful environment surrounded by greenery. My sister Rithu, my partner in crime is doing MBA and stays with my parents.

Soon I reached my hotel where my PA Varun was waiting for me. He is a close friend of mine and is like a brother to me. As soon as he completed his studies, he joined me when took over the company. He will handle most of the work in my absence. I trust him with my life. Since he was orphan, my parents treat him as their own, and practically he is family.

The moment he saw me, he gave a bright smile and bro-hugged me. It was great to see him after so many days. I was working on a new project in Dubai. It had taken more than expected time and my stay got extended for another month. I walked into the elevator and pressed P. Varun soon followed me along with my driver, who was carrying my luggages.

"Hey boss, it's been a long time. SO, how are you? You seem very happy. Is it because of marriage?"

The word marriage brought a smile on my face. Ofcourse, why wouldn't I be happy? Just the thought of her makes me happy.

"I'm Fine. Yes and I'm very much looking forward to it."

"Oh ok. BY the way, I'm shocked to hear that you agreed to this marriage without even seeing and meeting her. I mean, who the hell even does that? You know I lost the bet with Rithu. I was so confident that you will never even agree for marriage. I lost a month's salary to her", He added pouting.

Yes. I agree with him, if it had been any other girl. But, Aru is different. There is something in her eyes that make me to shield her and protect her. She's beautiful, smart & kind-hearted. But, it still makes me wonder the reason behind the sadness & fear which she hides from everyone.

Yes, at one look you will feel as if she's the most cheerful bubbly person, but if you look closely into those lovely chocolaty brown eyes, you will know that she's in pain. So, I, the person who was not even interested in anything else other than business, wanted to make her smile heartily. I wanted to give her everything she deserves, and the only way to do that was to marry her. Not only that, I am sure she'll be the best life partner anyone could ask for.

"It's just, my parents liked her very much & also she's mom's best friend's daughter. SO, I felt there is nothing wrong in complying with my parent's wishes for once. Also, it's not like that I haven't seen her, Mom had sent me pics and also she's known for her work. That itself speaks about her. She's different." I added smugly. What I couldn't tell him was that I was already head over heels for her.

"Hey Boss, one more thing. You have an important meeting with the Chopras'. Since, from tomorrow you will be busy with marriage functions, it is important to close this deal today itself."

"Ok. Get my car ready, I will drive today. You can take the car & leave to office. I will meet Aditya and close this contract."

"OK, then I'll leave now. And one more thing Ajju, your car is awesome." He winked and left.

I quickly got freshened up and put on my suit and went to the lobby. The valet gave me my car keys and what Varun said was true. My car was awesome and this will be my first time riding this. I had bought this when I was in Dubai and had asked them to deliver it here. And God, She's a beauty!