Chapter 10 - Dinner

Aruna's PoV:
I
On the entire drive home, I was completely immersed in the thought of that anonymous donor. The lilies in my hand was beautiful. But, most of all, the card.. It was really intriguing. I wanted to know who that person was. I was getting more & more curious each & every second. Then Ryan stopped the bike.

"Hey, what happened?"

"We reached home Aru. And, you didn't even notice it." He stated it accusingly.

"Hey sorry buddy. I was in thinking about something."

"Hey, are you worrying about this? I can put it away if you want" He came to take the bouquet from me.

"NO!!! I mean, No. It's so beautiful. Don't worry. I am just curious about this. That's all." I loved flowers. But never did I think that a bunch of lilies would be so beautiful. This is the first time I'm receiving a bouquet of lilies. Yes, I have received roses earlier, though I had loved it at that time, it always reminded me that with love comes pain. After the incidents, I was never into flowers. But, this.. the lilies.. has mesmerized me. I'm again in love with flowers, especially lilies.

I went to my room to put the flowers in the vase. It really was beautiful. My room is simple. Its completely decorated in purple. I wanted blue & Riya wanted pink. SO, both of us had come into compromise on purple. But now, I am the only one who stays in this room, along with my little angel. This reminded me of her. I called out my mom, to ask her.

"Mom.. Mom!! At what time she comes?" Mom perfectly knows who I'm talking about. Besides, she is the one who made my world better.

"Oh don't shout. I am not that old, I have a perfect sense of hearing. And, she will be here soon. Don't worry."

"Oh ok. I want the kitchen to myself for now. I don't want anyone in there." I demanded, well sort of. Whenever I'm overly excited, the words I speak come as a demand or order. It's just that, I speak before I think.

"Ha! My baby is going to cook for us. I can't wait!!" My mom, being the overdramatic one was very much excited. However, it brought smile on my face.

"Ok mom.. Now leave. I will cook today." I dragged her out from the kitchen & asked the maids to leave. I like to cook alone. It calms my mind. And besides, I wanted to cook something for my angel. That was the actual reason. But, seeing my mom's excitement, I thought to cook for everyone. It really has been a long time since I cooked for all.

I took out the ingredients to make the chocolate cake. It was her favorite cake and also my specialty. After I prepped, I put the cake mix in the oven & set the timer. By the time, it gets done, I will prepare the dinner. I like Italian & Chinese more. So, I cook those better than Indian dishes. So, I thought of making Pasta & Manchurian. My angel loves that. She also likes Chicken lollipop, another one of my specialty. So, I will make that. Anyhow, rice & curry will always be there, since dad prefers that more.

The cake was done and I left it outside to cool. By then, dinner was ready. Now, I was preparing the chocolate sauce & cream. Riya entered and grabbed a spoonful of MY chocolate sauce. I am going to kill her. NOW!! As soon as she glanced towards me, she took off running. I had the spatula in my hand and I chased her. She ran towards the sofa & I jumped on her.

"Riya, How dare you eat my chocolate sauce? You know, how I don't like someone tasting it before it is served. You know, you don't have a shred of patience in you. You have to wait until it is completed."

"Oh ho Didi. It's just the sauce. May be I should try the cake."

"Don't you dare!!" I always want people to taste the completely cooked food or when it is served. Not while preparing it. Its just... incomplete..... And not perfect. She knows, it makes me shocked. But then, she started rubbing her face on my face & dress.