Chapter 9 --- The Dragon Again

A/N Hey Guys!! I hope you liked the last chapter. And I hope you like this chapter. SO yeah.

ENJOY!!!! (That's an order!!) >:0(

i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1i1

> Hiccup < Saturday

"So is this the last place we saw the dragon?" asked Merida

"Yep this is the place." I pick up the rope that it was tied up with.

"Which way do you think it went?" Merida had a bow in her hand and arrows on her back.

"I don't know" I start walking in a random direction. After a few minutes we come to a clearing that was almost completely hidden by rocks. We see it's almost like a hole that has a lake in it and a bunch of other plants. It didn't look like the kind of place a night fury would want to live in.

"Well this was stupid" I say to myself. I look at the ground and see a bunch of black scales I pick one up and out of no where the dragon flies by. Merida and I both fall backwards. We see the dragon climbing the sides of the rock walls and then fall down. It starts yelling in frustration and shoots a fire ball at the ground. I quickly pull out my book and pencil and make a quick sketch of the dragon.

"Why wont it fly away?" Merida asks.

I take a close look at my drawing and a close look at the dragon and I erase the left side of the tail wing. Merida gasps as she notices it too. The dragon then tries to fly again only to crash to the ground. It gives up and walks over to the lake and puts its head in the water like it was trying to catch fish. It soon pulls his head out in defeat, and that's when I drop my pencil. Its quickly looks up at me. I hear Merida gasp behind me, but all I do is sit their and look at it. It doesn't once take its eyes off of me.

"Don't . .  move . . don't . . talk" whispers Merida. She slowly climbs down the rocks into the clearing and I soon fallow. The dragon doesn't take its eyes off of us once. Merida stats walking over to the edge of the lake and I walk over to the dragon. When I get closer it growls at me. I grab my knife and it growls even more, so I drop it on the ground. It moves its head to the side like it wants me to throw It farther away, so I pick it up and throw farther and it lands in the lake. The second it hits the water, the dragon sits up happily.

"It doesn't look dangerous to me" I say. I glance at Merida, who is on the opposite side of the lake. I see her slowly pull out one of her arrows and carefully load it into the bow. The dragon also sees this. It starts yelling and freaking out. It backs up a little bit and growls. Merida pays no attention to it and pulls the string back on her bow.

"What are you doing?" I ask

  "You'll see" she aims the arrow at the water, lets go, and shoots a fish. She walks into the lake and grabs it. The dragon immediately stops freaking out and looks at Merida. She starts to walk over to us and when she gets pretty close to us, the dragon starts growling again.

"I'm not throwin' ma weapons into the lake" she sets her bow and arrows onto the ground. She hands me the fish and I slowly take it over to the dragon who cautiously walks over to me and opens its mouth, like it is going to grab it.

"Toothless? I thought you had. . "  the dragons teeth pop out of its gums and it takes the fish, almost biting my fingers off, "teeth." It starts walking closer to me, and I start to back up until I'm sitting against a rock. Then it coughs up half of the fish and stares at me expectantly.

"Hiccup, ay think it wants you ta eat the fish" says Merida

"I'm not eating this" I say

"Don't be such a baby! Just do it." she says

"Are you saying you would eat it?" I ask

"I've eaten a lot worse then a half eaten raw fish" she says

I look at the fish before reluctantly taking a bite and swallowing. I smile at the dragon and slowly smiles back. I look over at Merida who is laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask

 ''You. Actually eating the fish" she says still laughing. I look back at the dragon, who has an amused look on his face. I slowly walk over to it and hold out my hand like I'm going to pet him. He growls at me a little bit. I close my eyes and hold out my hand and before I know it I'm touching him. I open my eyes just as he pulls away.  

Oh my gosh

 "That's amazing" Merida says as she walks over to us. She holds her hand out and the dragon lets her touch him too. "What should we call him?"

 "What?" I ask, a little confused

 "We cant keep callin' him dragon." she says

 "I think dragon is a good name for a dragon" I say

 She gives me a look. "Come on, be serious" she says 

 "We could call him. . . Toothless" I say

 "Ay said be serious" she gives me an annoyed look.

 "I am. It will be kind of ironic. Plus he doesn't have teeth all of the time" I say 

 "Ok. It's your dragon" she says

 "It is?" I ask

 "Of course. You did shoot him down. So it only makes sense that he would belong to you. Also I already have a pet. A horse. Named Angus. I've had him ever since he was just a wee little thing. I actually remember the day he was born." she says  

 He belongs to me. That means he's my pet. A dragon. What am I going to do if the others find out?

 "We have to keep this a secret. I don't want them killing Toothless. Especially sense we know he isn't bad" I say. Merida just looks at the ground, lost in thought.

 "I don't want to forget it" she says

 "Forget what?" I ask confused

 "The kiss. I don't want to forget it" she says, looking at me

"Wha . . . . what . . kiss?" I say, pretending I don't remember

She smiles at me "This one" then she kisses me.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N HI! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'll have the next one up as soon as I can. So I have two ways I could end this story. 1 is a really happy OMG I'm glad it ended like that ending or 2 a really sad OMG I hate you forever for ending it like that ending. I'm still trying to figure it out, but you guys will figure it out. So this story was originally going to be no more then 10 chapters, but obviously that isn't what's happening. Don't give up on me guys OK! I will be updating as much as possible. OK! ok!

(Sorry if the chapter is short but I ran out of ideas)

Love CADL31