Chapter 12 --- Merida's Story

A/N HI!! I hope you liked the last chapter. And I hope you like this chapter. I have been trying to update sooner. So just remember to hang in their.

ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!  (that's an order) >:0(

&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

> Merida <

"How?" Hiccup asks.

FLASHBACK

Sue is short for suicide!

We all wish you were dead!

I don't want my life to be over.

I don't want to die!

I don't want you to die. Because of me.

You'll understand. One day. When your older.

MOMMY!! NO!!

END OF FLASHBACK

"Now I'm the one who has to tell you something" Hiccup just told me his whole story. Now I think I should at least tell him part of mine.

"Ok. What is it?" He looks a little worried.

"I didn't try anything. But. . .I know someone who did" I looked over at the lake. I didn't even realize how long we had been here. By now the sun had disappeared, but the sky was still light enough for no stars. A few fireflies slowly started to come out, flickering their lights on and off, as if to tell the world I'm right here. And it was all a beautiful reflection in the water. "Don't you love how everything reflects off of calm, still, lake water?" I ask in a dazed tone of voice

"I. . I guess" Hiccup replies a little confused.

"Unlike river water. Its always moving, not caring what it takes away from us, just as long as it can keep it for itself" I look back at Hiccup. "I was eight years old when it happened. It was exactly one month after my birthday. At the time we were living in an old, run down two bedroom house. It was always dusty, the windows were cracked, the curtains were ripped, the kitchen and living room were practically the same room. My brothers were only four months old, and of course they lived in the same room as me. My parents room was right across the really small dirt filled hallway. The house was always dark, because we actually didn't have a lot of windows. We lived pretty much out in the middle of no where. You walk out side and the porch was in horrible condition. The steps creaked every time someone walked on them. The horse stables could only fit one horse, so when my mums horse, Snowstorm, had Angus my parents weren't sure what they would do. The house was built in the middle of some tall grasses, not so tall that you would get lost, but still tall enough that a snake could sneak up on you. There was a forest that surrounded us, it was about a twenty-five minute walk in every direction, and our only source of water was a river that was about two or two and a half miles away. It was hot in the Sumer and cold in the Winter" I paused for a second, thinking. "And I loved living there. Even if we were incredibly poor at the time, I still loved it. I was happy. But then. . . . all of that happiness ended."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

> Third Person <

8 years earlier

Merida sat in her room quietly, trying not to make a sound. She could hear her parents fighting in the living room. She didn't like it when they would fight. She wanted things to go back to being happy. She was happy, but everyone else was sad. She wanted her mum and dad to be happy. Like they were before Lilly got hurt. Merida starts dusting off her pillow to distract herself from her fighting parents. Even though all of the dust comes in through the door and front windows it will once in a while find its way into her room. She didn't have any windows in her room. The only source of light she had was from a lantern she has sitting on the floor in the middle of her room. She look over at the three cribs that are sitting against the back wall.