Chapter 16 --- Flying

A/N: Hi Guys!! Hope You Enjoy The Chapter! You All Ready Know Why I'm Sorry!

:0) Enjoy! 80)

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

 > Merida <

A Few Hours Later

Hiccup and I were walking through the forest silently. It had started to get dark out, so Hiccup said he would walk me home. Luckily we had found the place where I left my winter stuff, because even though I had dried off, it was still very cold out side. I wanted to talk to him but I couldn't think of anything to say. I knew if we kept going we would eventually find my kingdom, and then he would find out the truth. That I'm the princess of my country. 

"Are you ok?" Hiccup asked

"Yeah. Why?" I replied

 "You look like somethings wrong" we stopped walking. 

"No, I'm fine" I lied

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked

"No Hiccup! I Don't Want To Talk About It!" I yelled. I didn't mean to get mad.

"Are you sure?"

"I don't know" I look down at the ground. "What am I supposed to do? He's just. . . gone. Like he was never even here. I know I shouldn't care, but. . . . I do" I look up at Hiccup. waiting for an answer.

"Come with me" he says, holding out his hand.

"Where?" I ask

"Just trust me, ok?" he says

"Ok" I reply taking his hand. He leads me through the forest, and after about ten minutes I realized where we were going.

******************************************************************

Ten Minutes Later

We climbed down the rocks into the clearing and were almost immediately attacked by Toothless. I hadn't visited him in two weeks. My mum was forcing me to study more after school, so I couldn't find the time. Toothless jumped at Hiccup and I, making us fall to the ground in a heap of laughter.

"So, why are we here?" I asked after we got up off the ground.

"I wanted to show you something" he said

"What?" I ask

"You know how when I shot down Toothless, part of his tail came off? Well, I started thinking about what we learned in training. Remember what Gobber told us? A down dragon is a dead dragon. I thought about it and I don't want that to happen to Toothless, so. . . " he trails off

"So?" I ask

"Do you want to fly?" he asks

***************************************************

> Third Person <

"What do you mean 'fly'?" Merida asked

"I was able to build a tail wing that would allow Toothless to fly. But he can only fly with me riding him" Hiccup replies

"Thats.... amazing!" Merida said "When did you build this?"

"About a month ago" Hiccup replies

"And you didint tell me about it?" Merida asked

"Well, I wanted to make sure it worked first" Hiccup says "So, do you want to see?"

"Why wait until now to tell me this?" Merida asked

"I dont know. You just looked like you need something to cheer you up" Hiccup replies

"Ok" Merida says. They walk over to Toothless and get on.

"Hold on" Hiccup says

"Ok...." before Merida could finnish her sentence Toothless flew into the air at an extremely high speed. At first Hiccup thought Merida was screaming, but then he realized she was laughing. Toothless started spinning and falling only to pull up at the last second and then he would start falling again, and the whole time Merida was actually having fun.

She eventually closed her eyes and thats when they stopped. She thought that maybe they had landed, but when she opened her eyes she realized they were still in the air. The sun had already set, and they could see the fire light coming from Berk. Suddenly, Toothless started flying higher, and before they new it, they were above the clouds. Merida gasped at the sight of the thousands of stars that were in the sky. And then the northern lights appeared. Merida had never seen the lights before, and she couldnt help but reach her hand up twards the sky like she could touch them. 

"This is amazing" Merida said "I never thought the world could be so. . . . "

"So what?" Hiccup asked

"Beautiful" Merida replied. 

 "Neither did I" Hiccup said. They started to fly away fom the sea and were now flying over the forest. Merida rapped her arms around Hiccup, layed her head on his shoulder, and closed her eyes. She never felt like this before. Like the whole world didnt excist anymore. It was just them and nothing else mattered. When Merida opened her eyes again, she realized where they were.

"Thats my home" she said. She could see the fire light form the castle and the village. 

"So this is where you live?" Hiccup asked

"Yep" Merida replied

"You guys are ruled by a king and queen, right?" Hiccup asked

"And a princess" Merida replied, "me" she said nervously

"What?" Hiccup asked, in shock

"I'm the p-princess of Dunbroch" She said

"Why didnt you tell me earlier?" he asked

"Because I didnt want anyone to see me only as the princess. I wanted them to see me as, well, me" she replied

"But what about me? You could have told me sooner" he said

"I'm sorry I didnt tell you sooner, but I didnt know how to tell you. I hate being the princess. Its stupid. Nobody wants to know me, they want to know the princess" Merida said

"Its fine. Really, its ok. I understand" Hiccup said, "So, the annoying mom you were telling me about is the queen?" 

"Yes, she is" Merida replied

"And the brothers that turned your hair purple?"

Merida started laughing "They're the three princes. The wee devils" 

"Does your mom know about... us?" Hiccup asked akwardly

"I dont know. Is their an us to know about?" Merida asked

"I hope so" Hiccup said

"I think so" Merida replied. She looked into his beautiful green eyes and got lost. When Hiccup looked into her deep blue eyes he, also, got lost. He leaned back and kissed her. They felt like the only two people in the world. Nothing else mattered. It was just them. They pulled away, and they both smiled. For the first time in what felt like forever, Hiccup was truly happy.

"I'm so glad that I'm alive" he said

Merida smiled and layed her head back on his shoulder, "Me too"

******************************************************************

Hope It was worth the wait. OF COURSE i was gonna put the romantic flight scene in here! Its a cutie scene!

UNTIL NEXT TIME,

                             CADL31