Chapter 8 --- Good and Bad Decisions

#####################################################

> Hiccup <    Friday

I haven't talked to Merida in two days. She's been at school, but every time I see her she is hanging out with her other friends. Its no big deal, I just wish I could talk to her again. She is the first friend I've had in years. Astrid's group hasn't bothered me in a while. It might sound good, but it's not. When ever they take a brake from picking on me it really means that they are planning something big. And that never ends well for me. The last time this happened they didn't pick on me for a whole month. They actually made me believe they were done picking on me forever, and just when I let my guard down they fallowed me into the woods after school and beat me up so bad that I was out of school for two weeks. After that whole knife thing who knows what they will do next. 

**************************************************************************

> After Training <

"Um. . . . hi" I turn around and see Merida. It was pouring rain outside so Merida and her friend were stuck in Berk until the rain stopped. "Mind if I sit next to you?" she asks

"What about your friends?" I ask. Her friends were all sitting at another table. All of them barely fit at one table. They were laughing and joking around.

"They'll understand" she sits down next to me "listen, I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in a while, but my mum told me I had to hang out with the kids from Dunbroch. She claims its good for a persons soul or something extremely stupid like that. I wasn't really listening to her when she was lecturing me. So what are ya readin'?" she says looking at my book.

"Its the dragon classifications. Stuff like what kind of dragon and what it can do" I say

"Is the night. . .  something in their?" she asks

"Its night fury, and I think it is" I flip all the way to the back of the book until I find the night fury page.

"It doesn't even have a picture" says Merida

"Like I said before, its the dragon no one has ever seen"

"Well, what does it say?" I look at her, a little confused, "Don't look at me like that. Not everyone can read Viking. I'm Scottish, remember?" she says

"Ok" I look back at the book and start reading, "the night fury is the unholy offspring of lightening and death its self. Never engage this dragon. If you do hide and pray it does not find you." I look at Merida, who seems to be thinking. 

"But, that doesn't make any sense. It didn't hurt or kill us when it had the chance to. It cant be that bad. Can it?" Merida says

"I don't know. We would have to go back and find it"

You mean like. . . study it?" Merida asks

"Sure. Why not" Merida looks at me like I'm crazy. "What? This is the most dangerous dragon their is. It would be stupid of us not to study it. Who knows? It might even help us with killing more dragons."

"Ok" Merida replies, "but this means we'll have to find it again. And ya cant get crabby if it takes a few hours. "

"Great" I say, "We can start looking as soon as the rain stops"

===================================================

> Astrid < Around The Same Time