Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Why does it seem everyone is trying to make me fell miserable? And it's Chritsmas for darn sake.

Like always with my family we all waited till midnight to give each other presents. For some time it seemed everyone was getting a boatload of presents and I wasn't getting anything.

It really hurt my feelings and I was trying my best not to cry in front of everyone. Imagine how you would feel if you saw everyone giving each other hugs and presents. While your in the corner being ignored by just about everyone.

Eventually my Aunt Maybelle got a festive looking container and handed it to me. Looking at it, I felt even worse because it was that Chirstmas popcorn. That was like salt to injury considering the weight jokes were still being given.

I gave a strangled thank you and a quick hug. The present giving continued as usual and I just stared blankly at the container that seemed to be taunting me. My Papi got up and got the present I had helped him wrap up.

It was the present he had chosen for my Mum about a week ago. But instead of walking toward my Mum he came toward me and placed it in my lap. I was slightly confused, I remembered wrapping it but I couldn't recall what it had been.

Shakily I tore off the wrapping paper and looked at my present. To my complete surprise and joy he had given me the scrapbook my Mom had made of her memories of my Papi, her, and plenty of me. Tears pricked at my eyes and I looked at my Papi joyously I gave him a hug. I cried in his arms and held the present close to my heart.