The Party

Kevin opened his passenger door for me. I got in without saying anything to him "Hey are you ok?" he asked before closing my door "I'm fine" I lied. I was far from fine, nothing was going to be fine with Ms. Liz in the way of things. When he closed the door I wiped my eyes so he wouldn't see the tears "I'm happy you allowed me to take you to the party" he jumped in the driver's seat, snapped his seatbelt and started the engine. "I'm happy you're taking me" I said not really caring whether he did or didn't "I saw Olivia and told her I wanted to take you, once you said ok I texted her to let her know" I forgot all about Olivia, and why does he have her number and not mine? Of course Olivia was his type and I wasn't, She probably wanted time alone with fucking Dave so she asked if not, even paid Kevin to talk to me and take me. What a bitch. But it's something she would do... trust me she's done it before to other 'friends' "Great" I said sarcastically. I could tell Kevin was getting irritated with me being so short with him. "Look what's your problem?" Kevin snapped "Nothing okay!" I crossed my arms and looked out the window. It wasn't Kevin's fault I shouldn't be so short with him "Look I'm sorry" I said carefully hoping it wouldn't come out with an attitude "It's okay" he said almost in a mumble. "I just wanted to take you to the party and enjoy it with you. Olivia told me you weren't really in the mood when I asked about you. I was hoping I could take your mind off things" Kevin seems like a really sweet person but I doubt he'd be able to take my mind of Mr. Johnson "Thanks" I said still looking out the window. Our conversations got nowhere for the whole ride to the party.

Finally arriving to our destination Kevin parked his car and opened my door. "Thanks" I smiled "No problem" Kevin looked me up and down  "You look beautiful" I blushed at his compliment Kevin brushed the hair out my face. It seemed as if he wanted to lean in for a kiss until Olivia approached us "Hey you two!" Kevin dropped his hand from my cheek "Hi" I said sounding a little to annoyed. "Oh sorry did I interrupt something?" She said with a smirk. "No, no nothing was going on" I wanted her to just disappear somewhere in the party. Kevin smiled showing his perfect white teeth "Yea, sure...nothing was going on here" He said as he gently wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer. My stomach went in knots and felt as if I began to get butterflies...was Kevin really starting to grow on me even more?  "Okay, what are we waiting for let's party!" Olivia shouted loud enough for others turned in our direction. I wasn't ready for this party I wanted to jump in the car and go home.

OLIVIA

Hope seemed like she had a lot on her mind. God I hope it's not Mr. Johnson. She really needs to get it through her thick skull that he's off limits. He's engaged for crying out loud. Not only that he's the professor and over age. It's illegal! Also deep down I'm starting to grow feelings for her. I looked over my shoulder at the two walking behind me. Kevin's hand was wrapped around her waist nice and snugged. I knew Hope had a thing for him I needed him to distract her from Mr. Johnson so I promised to pay him if he takes her to this party and make a move on her. I've had guys take friends out before because I felt bad for them but I never thought I'd do this to Hope....But she needs this, shit I need this. I can't stand her drooling over Mr. Johnson when I secretly wanted her to myself.

HOPE

We followed Olivia into the cabin where the music blasted, people's body rubbing up on one another and the smell of alcohol took over the air. "Isn't this beat sick?" Olivia shouted over the music while dancing. We couldn't even get all the way in the cabin before she started "What!" I could barely hear her. "I said isn't this--" Dave grabbed her from behind before she could finish her sentence, distracting her as he kissed her neck gently. She turned around and the two of them began to make out. Annoyed and grossed out by the both of them I walked away. The next song began to play and I started to look around for Kevin but he was nowhere to be found. He disappeared that quickly? Still looking for him I felt someone grab my arm. I snatched away quickly thinking it was some weird drunk trying to get with me but thankfully It was Kevin "Hey, whoa relax it's just me. Sorry I was getting a quick drink" I could smell it on his breath "You want to dance?" Before I could answer he pulled me in close and started dancing I didn't want to stand there awkwardly so I joined him.  But still something just felt off about him bringing me here.