Back & Better

The next morning I woke up still in the hospital. The doctor walked in letting me know I'll be released today, That made me happy. I was ready to go to my own home and relax. But I wasn't ready for the questions from my peers on campus once I go back. It was none of their business anyway. My parents came through the door with flowers and balloons. "What's all this?" I asked with a raised eyebrow "We just wanted to bring you something sweet for your release" My mom said with a bright smile "You're acting like I just gave birth or something" I chuckled "Honestly I rather that was the case with a man that you love and was married to" said my father crossing his arms across his chest. "Honey enough" my mom said annoyed. "Well thank you guys, I'm just ready to leave and never show my face in that school again" "Why not sweetie?" asked my mom. "It's embarrassing, I'll be the girl who got raped" "nonsense we'll make sure everything is alright when you go back. What about Olivia she'll be there" Just hearing her name made me cringe, I didn't want anything to do with her nor hear her name! "We're not really talking" I rolled my eyes irritated my mom would even bring her up "Aw why not?" she asked "Because we just aren't!" I snapped "Watch your tone young lady" my dad added ""Its fine hon" said my mom "She's going through a lot now, I understand" My mother leaned over and hugged me "If you need anyone to talk to or anything just know I'm here for you sweetie" She kissed my forehead. When it was time for me to finally go home I rode with my parents in silence.

We arrived home and I went straight into my room closing the door wanting to be alone. My phone buzzed with a text message and it was Kevin, Just seeing his name made me want to throw my phone. I hated everybody and didn't want anything to do with him. In the text he said "hey just making sure you're ok. I'm sorry about all of this. I'll call you in a few so we can talk. Or maybe I'll come over later how's that?" Why is he writing me? If Olivia paid him to date me why don't he just leave me alone and take the money from Olivia! I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to keep talking to me unless Olivia offered him more money to comfort me. That bitch. Not responding to the text I tossed my phone on my bed as I plopped on it myself.

                                                     ----------------------------------------------------------

Waking up to the next day I was surprised I slept that long, I was still in my yesterday clothes. I didn't feel like getting dressed to go back to my campus. There was a knock on my door. "Sweetie may I come in?" It was my mother "Yea, sure" I yawned She walked into my room seeing how much of a mess it was and me still in my yesterday clothes "My goodness, sweetie you need to get ready for school before you're late, you're not on campus to be sleeping in like this. We have to travel" "I know mom, I know. I don't want to go though" I closed my eyes wishing everything was a dream. "Oh I understand love but you'll be fine you need to remember you're going to this college to start your dream and have a successful life in the future" I looked at her and then laid my head back down. "Come on dear. Its college not high school this is very, very important" "I know, I know" I sat up from my bed.

"I'm going like this" I sighed

"Oh no you're not you need to change and fix your hair you don't want to look all messed up and victim"

"But I am a victim mom"

"Yes honey, but don't show them that you're letting that scum bag ruin your life" I guess my mom was right. "Ok, ok fine" She smiled blowing me a kiss "Now hurry up, breakfast is on the table" She left my room closing the door behind her. I turned to look at myself in the mirror seeing nothing but a girl whose been raped, A girl who's been betrayed, exposed and embarrassed in front of her love Mr. Johnson. "Damn" Mr. Johnson. I need to look my best for him especially since Olivia revealed my secrets. I put on my cutest outfit revealing some breast. I squeezed in a pair of fitted jeans and tied my hair in a bun with a side bang, finishing my outfit with some black wedges. I ran downstairs looking like a super model, when my mom saw me she grew a wide grin and daddy...Well daddy didn't look so pleased. "What the hell is this?" He said looking me up and down "Oh please dear she looks great" Mom smiled. "She was raped! She shouldn't be dressing like this Ann" My dad snapped crossing his arms "David that's enough! Don't make her a scared victim! I want her to keep her confidence and continue to fight for her dreams! I don't want her to be scared of life and let her dreams fall away because of fear! I want her to feel and look good!" I hated when my parents argued, and now that it's about me and a very sensitive topic it made my stomach knot. "Ann she cannot walk around like that right after this situation! People will think she deserved it because the way she presents herself!" "Who cares what people think David! That's why this generation is so messed up. Because of what everyone thinks" While they were busy going back and forth I could no longer take it I snatched a muffin off the table and ran out the door.