-|17|-

"mark! where's the baby powder?" sooyeon shouted, her hand rummaging through the huge pile of baby items they got

"i have no idea!" mark said. he really didn't know.

"mark you were supposed to feed yujin 2 hours ago!" she said again, agitation and frustration now added into her usually chirpy and sunny tone.

"i was watching a game!" he retorted, now scrolling through social media, not even looking at his wife

"is a game more important than your daughter?"

"why must you always behave like this? you don't even do anything for yujin!"

"i gave birth to her! but what did you do? nothing! nothing at all! all you do is watch football and play games! you don't even take care of her! look at how we're living now!"

"honey for god's sake! we own a huge company! we have more than we need!"

"we can give yujin the best but you're obviously making zero effort to do so."

"thats it. i've had enough. im leaving. you're always so bossy and demanding. sometimes, i feel like i don't know you anymore. you've changed sooyeon, you've changed. you're no longer that optimistic cheerful girl i used to know. it hurts to know that you've changed so much. i want you back. the real you. but i know, you won't come back. so now i'll leave, and i hope you find someone better. please take care of yujin, and make sure she grows up healthily and happily. and i wish you all the best."

with that, he got his luggage, and headed for the front door. with one last turn, one last wave and one last tear, he breathed in, and put his leg forward.

one steps
two steps
three steps
four steps
five steps
six steps
seven steps

with the seventh step, the front door shut. she could no longer see him walk out.

"you said you'd never leave me again. why did you?" she held her baby and pulled open the door

she ran out onto the streets, hoping that he would still be somewhere there. but there was no sight of him. not even his back view

"mark! come back! we need you! yujin needs you! i...i need you. mark? mark! mark!!"

sooyeon jolted up, wide awake. beads of cold sweat dripped down her pale face. she turned to her side. and to her relief, he was still there.

he lay by her side, fast asleep, not making a single sound, not even snoring. she laid back down onto the shared bed, then looked at the guy laying beside her again.

that dream seemed all too real, she had to check again and again, to calm herself down. after she became relieved from the fear she had just felt, she went back to sleep.

the next morning, the birds chirped, signalling the morning and the start of a brand new day. sooyeon and mark got up, and she turned to face him, telling him all about the dream she had.

" i promised you. i'd never leave again. "

she smiled. she trusted him. he wouldn't leave. he promised.

promises, are meant to be broken sometimes :)
and thats it. last last last chapter! goodbye you all :)