EXO

"Your dad is Mr Yoo?!" I shouted.

"Shut up!" TaeYang's eyebrows knitted together, "You're lucky that the studio is soundproof, if not I would have stuck your head in the toilet bowl and let you die!"

We came to the studio early, not a single soul was there except for me and TaeYang. I shrugged and walk over to switch the lights on, "Why didn't you tell the others?"

"Cos I didn't want anyone to know that I have a teacher as a father. Everyone admires me here."

I rolled my eyes, "Well I'm sure your dad admires you for denying him too. You-"

I got cut off by an announcement, "Good morning teachers and students, this is Mdm Ho speaking. I am pleased to announce that EXO from SM Entertainment are coming for a children's day performance at the studio tomorrow! You can dress whatever you like when they come. However, please carry out our school values and be commending ambassadors of Sacred Hearts. That is all, thank you."

After the principal had finished her announcement, I heard faint screams from the corridor outside. I glanced at TaeYang, there was a vibrant energy to her that had never been there before. She was screaming like all the other girls outside and her eyes were... shining?

"Who's X-O?" I was puzzled. What's so great about alcohol to high school girls?

TaeYang stopped immediately at the end of my question, cheeks red, eyes unfocused, and stared at me, "You idiot!" she burst out laughing, "If you don't know who EXO is you must be living under a rock. Don't you watch videos online?"

"No time."

"TV?"

"Don't find a reason to watch."

TaeYang shook her head, "E-X-O is currently the hottest pre-debuting boy band now...." and I received a long list of names, it was the first boy band I had seen have so many members. Not that I know a lot of boy bands anyway, I frowned.

I crept to the corner of the school library with my diary an hour before lights out and started scribbling on the flower-printed pages:

Dear Diary,

It has been so hectic since I came to Sacred Hearts such that I had no time to even write something on here after dad died... Well, I met a strong-headed girl TaeYanggie. Your typical type of popular girl: tall and slim, pretty smiling eyes and perfect curls. Technically, she's my first friend here but it's soooo dangerous to be her friend with the fact that she's the perfect girl of Sacred Hearts... Nevermind that now, there was an announcement before drama saying that EXO(?) is coming to SH to perform or something. Well, I'm sure jealous that they already have a future as a star ahead of them, being a pre-debut trainee of the largest entertainment company in Korea. Hmm I wonder what will happen tomorrow.........

XOXO,

SeoMyeon

I woke up with a start, someone was jerking me awake. TaeYang was an image of blur, standing over me, when I opened my heavy eyelids.

"ARE YOU CRAZY??? It's almost 8 now and EXO's coming at 11!!!" she strangled me.

"Wow... We're gonna be sooooo late." I didn't even bother to hide my grumpiness.

"Exactly!" TaeYang dragged me to the mini-salon in school. Then she began my one and a half hours of torture. "The half an hour left is for you to strut around the school and show off what I've done to you!" as Tae said.

I eyed the girl in the reflection. She looks nothing like me, I thought, except for the soft brown hair which TaeYang insisted to keep down, and the slightly almond-shaped eyes decorated by only a shade of eyeshadow. That girl also put me in a simple red checkered shirt and denim shorts with a pair of mint Converse sneakers and a loose bracelet for finishing touches.