Getting in? Or not...

"Kamsahabnida," I received my lemonade from the waitress and started my story...

Mr Lee Soo Man called me to audition while I was practicing on my own. I followed him into a room. "Welcome to the Soundbox!" He had said. I could tell why it was called a 'Soundbox'. His already loud voice echoed scarily throughout the room, that was when I started becoming nervous, I felt like the company had purposely build this room to thoroughly pick out the flaws of each vocal artiste. Mr Lee then played the song that I had prepared and I started working my diaphragm. However, halfway through the song, I had forgotten to breathe because of nervousness and I didn't have enough breath to sing the last few words, stupid mistake... Anyway, Mr Lee also asked me to dance freestyle to a song. Luckily, I had some moves taught by you oppas so the dance section was quite smooth. After all that, Mr Lee just asked me to say a statement of what I would do if I had gotten into the company. He was so scary with his poker face! But when I finished declaring that I will work hard, he said that I could go.

I sat back with a sigh. There were times that I had to stop in the middle of the "story" to catch my breath too. Gotta fix that, I sipped my lemonade while waiting for the members' responses.

"I think she'll still get in," ChanYeol said as if only talking to the members.

The others nodded, "Yeah. It's only a small mistake."

"The only thing that would prevent her from entering is if Lee-ssi doesn't like her dance."

"But it can't be, we taught her nice moves and she has excellent movement and flexibility."

Then the members nodded again, as if already confirming my fate.

"What are you guys talking about???" I had barely finished my sentence when my phone rang.

"Annyeonghasaeyo?"

"Hello SeoMyeon, this is Lee Soo Man. Congratulations on doing well for your auditions," my heart stopped, "however, there is also somebody else that is auditioning and only one can get in. She is about to audition now. You'll know if you have gotten into SM Entertainment tomorrow. Good luck!" and he hung up.

I stared at my phone, somebody else? What? Then I averted my eyes to the boys.

"Who was it?" KyungSoo creased his eyebrows at the sight of my expression.

"That was Mr Lee. He said that there's someone else auditioning too, and I'll only know if I get in tomorrow..."

"WHAT???" They all shouted in unison.

"He only said that I did well, that's all." I whispered. All the hope that I had built up from the moment of when I was casted were hanging on sheer ice.

JongIn stood up abruptly, "Then I guess we'll have to wait till' tomorrow to find out!" he looked at me, "But in the meantime..."

In what seemed like a few seconds, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the cafe, shouting something like asking the others to pay for our drinks first, and brought me to the rooftop.

"Let your mind relax here. I'll be beside you till' you feel calm again." he comforted me.

I let the wind take away my thoughts of getting into SM. So cold, I pulled my cardigan close to me and shivered. I guess that winter is coming, I'm doomed... Winter always brings back dreadful memories: The time when my father was diagnosed with his fatal disease, when I started being a misfit in school because of my ill dad, and when my grandmother passed away due to the same illness that my father left this world for. Urgh... No don't think about it, rooftops are supposed to be peaceful and soothing.