The Audition

"Mornin' Myeon!" Kai waved at me and I immediately ran to him.

"Sorry! I didn't know that you were already waiting for me, Kai. Did you wait for a long time?" I got on the bicycle that Kai had gotten for me. It was spray-painted silver with occasional red accents on it.

"Nope!" then he chuckled, "You're quite fast considering that I just called you ten minutes ago to wake up and get changed."

"Haha... Sorry, I'm just so nervous about tomorrow's audition. I feel like I haven't been practicing enough," I shook my head and we started moving off.

"Don't worry. Once you're immersed in the music and concentrated in dancing and singing, you'll forget about the people in front of you. I was like that when I got casted into SM."

I nodded even though he wouldn't be able to see me. The wind caressed my face as we raced along the Han River, laughing.

"JongIn-ah!" Someone shouted once we arrived at the company and we turned our heads towards the voice immediately. A young lady, probably in her early twenties, ran to Kai and hugged him. Kai grinned and welcomed her embrace.

"Hmm.... Must be his girlfriend, but wait, Kai is eighteen and she looks at least three years older than him. Huh? Then who is she? A friend?" I thought to myself and became more and more confused.

When they broke the contact, Kai told me, "Myeon, meet my noona. Noona, this is my good friend SeoMyeon."

Ohhhhh... "Annyeonghasaeyo!" I bowed.

She grinned at me. Now that I had both Kai and his sister looking at me, they looked the same: the same hazelnut hair, the same fiercely arched brows and the same eyes full of expression. Not to mention the same bodies moulded into perfection by dance.

As we made our way into the company, bags of what seemed like snacks in Kai's sister's hands, we bumped into one of the guys that I sang with in the studio that day. He had blond hair, pretty oval-shaped eyes, and fair skin, but unlike Sehun's shocking mop of blonde, he had a soft hue of it, which matched his baby face.

The cute guy greeted Kai's sister, then addressed Kai himself, "JongIn, SeoMyeon," he smiled at me, "has to come with me for training today."

"Oh shoot, Myeon you have vocal training today. Is it ok if I leave you with BaekHyun and the vocal line? They're another bunch of monkeys but you'll enjoy yourself."

"Excuse me, who's the one who claims that he has long limbs and dances like a monkey on alternate Sundays?" BaekHyun said as I nodded.

Kai laughed and shooed us away to practice. I felt a little nervous that he was not here anymore but I could bet on BaekHyun's innocent eyes that I'll enjoy myself with the vocal line.

"Let's go, SeoMyeon," Baek gestured at me to enter the room. I detached myself reluctantly from the pictures of singers and followed him into a place filled with music. There were soothing voices coming from inside too.

"Hey guys, I brought the legendary girl from SH!" Baek announced as soon as he set his foot on the laminated floor.

I scanned my eyes across four breath-taking yet unfamiliar faces. Why does everyone in this company look so precious?

"Daneun JoonMyun, igoi JongDae aeyo." (I'm JoonMyun and this is JongDae.) the last guy introduced himself after everyone had done the same, gestured at the other teen who sang with me that day.

I waved shyly and BaekHyun steered me to sit down. I took a good long look at each of the boys. JoonMyun has a handsome forehead, a well-proportioned nose and an oval-shaped face. JongDae has pretty lips that curled up at the end and it was not too thin nor thick makes him look like he's always smiling, also long and curly eyelashes that boys don't care about and girls kill for and straight, thick brows that finishes everything up. Luhan, with his exeptionally pretty smiling eyes, shapely cheeks and lips, and fair skin, made him look like an angel and lastly KyungSoo, big eyes and heart-shaped lips, looked very innocent and pure. Overall, I assumed, this company has all the good looking artists that would get immediately accepted to be a model with just one phone call.

"Let's do our own warm-ups guys, then we'll gather for What Is Love?" BaekHyun suggested. The others inclined their heads.

After being awed by their powerful voices in the ballad, the boys asked me to sing a song.

"C'mon Myeon, if you don't wanna sing, how are we to help you? Besides, your singing is great! Everybody heard it in the studio that day," JongDae tried to persuade me.

"Yeah, don't be such a spoilt brat and just hurry and sing something," a melodic voice rang out. I turned and saw a lady staring at me with her smouldering eyes as if I were a pest." What would I have done to offend her? I shivered inwardly.

Chen gave a nervous laugh,"Aww c'mon, SoRa noona, it's okay if Myeon is shy, all of us had gone through this feeling before."

The lady just rolled her eyes and busied herself by arranging the curtains. Luhan gave me a it's-okay-Myeon-she's-just-like-that look. I hurriedly chose a song and started my training. All through practice SoRa did not take her intense gaze away from me. Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed myself with these angelic boys. Moreover, Baek and Chen were really hilarious making jokes and teasing the other members.

"Guys we should hear SuHo hyung sing Footsteps," KyungSoo voiced it out and received enthusiastic agreements from the members. All except SuHo oppa himself, he was enthusiastically shaking his head.

"Lunch time guys," Mr Tak suddenly popped his head into the room.

"Ahhhh.... Lunch time guys!" SuHo stood up suddenly and stretched, commencing the end of his pressurizing moment.

We all laughed and headed towards the door, although I could still feel SoRa's deathly stare following me out.

"Like this?" I tried to copy Sehun's moves in the mirror. He repeated it for what seemed like the millionth time extremely patiently and I sat down immediately.

"What happened? Your fire of determination suddenly burned out when I came to pick you at SH today," Sehun kneeled beside me and looked at me with his thoughtful eyes, "You okay?"

I shook my head. Why am I thinking of giving up when these boys are right behind me, ready to catching me if I fall and giving me so much guidance? I shouldn't disappoint them. Then I smiled at Sehun, "I'm fine. Can you teach me that move again before we go for the auditions later?"

Sehun then pulled me up.

"Thank-" and he wrapped his arms around me and brought me to his chest. I felt my heart race a thousand miles per hour and was suddenly overwhelmed with shock but yet happiness at the same time. OMG!!! So this is how you feel when you get hugged by someone you like? KYAAAAAAA!!!

When he detached himself from me, I was too stunned to speak. He tugged a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "Don't worry, I'm here for you," he whispered.

Just then, YiXing oppa strolled in. Sehun resumed trying to teach me the dance moves and acted as if nothing happened. I was grateful for that. I don't want to distract the boys from preparing for their debut especially with SoRa hanging around.

Oh right, speaking of SoRa, "YiXing oppa, Sehun oppa, why does SoRa hate me so much? Is she a fan of you guys?

"Oh, she had auditioned to join SM and her voice was very good! Sadly, Lee Soo Man-ssi didnt accept her as an young artiste as her body shape was so not suitable such that even plastic can't fix it," Xing oppa shook his head, "So Mr Lee had asked her to join SM as our makeup artist and from what I heard from her sister, she only agreed to it so that she can climb her way up."

"I think she's just jealous that you are better than her," Sehun came over to pat my head, "Don't worry about it."

I nodded silently.

"Phew! Oh my gosh that was intense!" I stumbled out of the audition room.

A text had arrived in my phone, "Hey Myeon! Meet us at the cafe, we wanna hear about the audition!!! ;)" It was from Sehun. I sighed dreamily at the winking face and made my way to meet the boys, humming a tune.

"Hey!"

I jumped, "GAH! What the-"

"Uh uh uh, no vulgarities," Kai popped up in front of me and smiled cheekily, "How's the auditions?"

I let out a breath that I never realised I had been holding, "Huh... It was great. Sehun just texted me to meet him at the cafe to talk about it."

"Oh, well, let's go."

All rights reserved. No copyrights ©