Apakalis

"Hold on!" the Doctor shouted at his ginger companion.

The TARDIS was shaking violently and Amy held tight onto the TARDIS console. The shaking started to slowly stabilise and Amy decided to let go.

"Wait, Amy, no!" the Doctor shouted, but it was too late.

The TARDIS shook once more and Amy was on the ground in a split of a second.
"Oww." groaned Amy.

The Doctor quickly rushed to her and offered her a hand.
She took it and got up from the ground.

"Are you okay?" asked the Doctor.

"Yeah," Amy replied, "where are we, anyway?"

The Doctor ran off to look at the screen.

"We are at a planet called Apakalis. It was colonised by humans 200 years ago. It's a small planet with nearly 10 millions inhabitants, days here are 42 hours long, weather is acceptable. Today it's October 18th 2720 and I heard the current Queen is throwing a big birthday party, so I thought we could stop by."

"Oh, so no universe saving today?" asked Amy.

"No universe saving today." replied the Doctor with a grin on his face.

"Okay, but we can't go there looking like this, it's a party." said Amy "I need to dress properly and so do you." Amy added with a pointed finger at the Doctor.

"Me?" the Doctor asked with confusion. "What's wrong with these clothes?"

"Come on, Doctor, please, just wear something different today." pleaded Amy.

"Okay, fine." sighed the Doctor.

"Thanks." replied Amy with a laugh.

As she was walking away she added "And you could lose the bow-tie."

"Never gonna happen!" she heard him shouting from afar.

About half an hour later Amy was ready. It was so hard to choose what she was going to wear, because, god, the Doctor had so much clothes in the wardrobe. It took her some time, but in the end she chose elegant dark blue dress, combed her hair and was ready to go.

She arrived to the main console room and the Doctor was standing there with hands in his pockets. He was wearing longer black jacket with a pair of black trousers and of course he had a bright red bow-tie. Amy smiled, she secretly liked the bow-ties, because it was a big part of the Doctor's outfit, but she'd never admit it.

"So, are we ready to go?" asked Amy.

The Doctor turned around and smiled.

"Yes of course. You look beautiful." said the Doctor and offered her an arm.

"Well you don't look so bad yourself either." replied Amy with a laugh and took his arm.

Together they stepped out of the TARDIS.
Turns out, they landed in a small park. Amy looked around. It was a very beautiful place. There were a lot of trees and all sorts of unknown flowers. In the middle there was a small stone fountain. Amy smiled, completely astonished. Then, she looked up at the sky. It was purple and she could see some stars shining, even in the middle of the day. It really was magnificent.