Broken Glass

[Viktor's P.O.V]

A crash. A car crash. This is some sort of cruel joke played by God. I have a newborn daughter and I can not die before she's even a half year old! Before she's even a week old! I feel hands touching me, and a voice that seems so far away but so close. Yuuri! It's Yuuri! I try to speak to him but I can't move, I can see everything right in front of me, but I can't move my anything! Yuuri! Please! Call someone! I'm stuck! I think to myself for a bit, then I feel other hands grabbing me and pulling me out of the car, and I notice now that there are paramedics here to help me move. I try to tell them to get Yuuri to the hospital since they've pulled him out already, but they don't seem to acknowledge me. And just as I look at the car, which is totaled by the way, I see them taking Yuuri out, with May, who both seem to be okay, other than a few cuts that are on Yuuri's head. My eyes widen and I turn to look at the person on the gurney, and I see. . .

. . .Myself?

What is this?! Am I dead already!? I can't be! Please tell me I'm not! What the hell is going on! I run over to Yuuri and try to hug him because he's crying and panicking, as well as Miri, but when I go to actually hug him, he walks right through me. Is this like one of those things where I'm a ghost? No! Of course not! This is just me, being me. . .? I'm having one of those really crazy out of body experiences. I have to be! This is not right, I can't be like this, I need to be with Yuuri! And my baby! I get into the ambulance with Yuuri, May, the paramedics and Myself-- That sounds so weird to say! We drive right back to the hospital, but the floor we're on this time is the second floor - Trauma. Yuuri and May go a separate way from me and I want to follow, but I need to make sure my body is okay, so I follow that instead. I get curious about what would happen if I touched my face of chest or something. Would I wake up?
Well, not really, but I did make myself move, and make noise, letting them know I wasn't dead at all. I see them taking me into a darker area and it seems as if I am in an operating room now? Suddenly everything gets really bright and I (as in my real self) wince from the brightness shining in my eyes. They give me anesthesia and I start to pass out, even in my spirit-type form whatever it is.

~

When I wake up, I'm not in my body still, but I am in a room with wires and tubes coming out of my mouth and nose, I had a mask on, probably to help me breathe and--Wait! Is that Life Support? Oh, no no no no. I am not in a coma, there's no way! Seriously? No!
I start to freak out more when I see Yuuri, holding May, crying while holding my hand. I scream and I cry, falling on my knees, not being able to handle all this. Yuuri! My love! I'm so sorry I doubted you! My body twitches and moves as I freak out and it's clearly worrying Yuuri, but I keep doing it anyway because I can't help myself. My heart rate is apparently going up quickly because the machines in the room beep and go off like crazy, making Yuuri panic. As soon as a doctor enters the room, I stop. Everything goes back to normal now and I look at my body. I put my hands on my chest and look at myself in the face, focusing really hard. My eyes shed a few tears and my mouth moves ever so slightly. Yuuri can see this and he looks at me and touches my face, crying on me. Normally I would hug him and tell him not to worry, but since I can't at the moment, the best I can do is hold his hand, right?
Wrong.
I try to move my hand to touch Yuuri, but it's like a totally foreign concept to me! I can't grab it! It's like two negative forces trying to grab each other, it just repels! I groan and cry again, feeling lost without my body to comfort my two loves. I think for a bit and I get in the bed with. . .Myself. . .and then I try to wake my empty shell of a body, but it doesn't really work. I did notice that my eyes tried to open, but I then realized something better - I finally have control of my mouth! I can breathe through my mouth (and sort of my nose) and I think I can speak! Of course I only speak in Russian, so Yuuri probably doesn't understand. . .But when I tell him not to worry in Russian, he seems to understand! He nods and sighs, kissing my cheek. He then replies with 'I love you, and I'm sorry' but I just sigh softly. Then I lose the ability to move anymore. I get angry and I shake myself, trying to wake my body and brain up. Yuuri is still crying with Miri, he leaves her on my chest so she can sleep with me while she still can. I know I can't be making it out of this. I remember hitting my head really hard, and things are a bit hard to remember as of now, but I know I got hit in the stomach and ribs with glass and maybe the door of the car bent and jabbed me, but I can't remember! It's killing me! I need to remember! That word seems so strange to me now, like it's all fading from my memory. Did I hit my head hard? I don't know! Argh! This is terrible!